Sunday, February 16, 2014

Weekly Devotional: Exceeding and Abundant!!






"Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us," Ephesians 3:20 (KJV)


"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." Matthew 6:33 (KJV)

" Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths." Proverbs 3:5-6 (KJV) 

We have been in a series at church about the Circle Maker. What has been the most consistent message in each week has been that bold prayers honor God and that God honors bold prayers. God is an awesome and POWERFUL God. Just like Ephesians 3:20, God is able to do anything and He is just able to blow our minds with the results that He will give us. God will be able to give you favor and open up doors that you are not able to even imagine.





Recently, I just graduated Rider University in December. Because I did not officially graduate in May (when I was supposed to), my loans started calling for their payments in like November even though I was still acting as a full time student. I was student teaching and did not have a job and they were wanting to me make payments. Stress started to build and get crazy. December rolls around and I'm applying to different school districts. And as I was applying, thoughts like "Maybe I should not apply to school districts" or people would say "Maybe you should try to applying to different types of jobs to get you through until you can get a job". Honestly, I was thinking about listening to those voices. But, then I would get a word like "WAIT!!!" Proverbs 3:5-6 says to trust God with everything and DO NOT lean in your own understanding. it is also saying that God will direct my paths if I trust Him. Also, in Matthew 6:33, it says to seek the kingdom FIRST!!! 


Here are some scriptures about our future and what God has planned for us:

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end." Jeremiah 29:11 (KJV)

"The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord: and he delighteth in his way." Psalms 37:23 (KJV)

So, from these........ God will order our steps. God will direct us if we TRUST and FOLLOW Him!!!! If we trust God and seek Him, He is able to do anything more than what we can even imagine. So, using these scriptures, I was still applying to different school districts. I put out like 11-12 applications and I only heard back from like 2 districts. One district that I applied called me in and then I did a demo lesson that day. They said "Oh, we'll call you on like Monday or Tuesday." Monday or Tuesday rolls around and I hear nothing. So, I get a call that following Tuesday from my director and she tells me about this opening in a different school district at a high school level, which was what I wanted. So, I call and they go well can you come in like tomorrow for an interview? As I am in the interview, the principal says you are the only applicant for this position. And I'm like go ahead God!! So, I actually started in the first week of February and it has been awesome!! 

This placement for me has been an extreme blessing. God literally opened up doors and blessed me more than I could imagine. The fact that I got a job like a month right after graduating college is a miracle for me. And most of my loans have gotten more time before I have to start making payments. 

I encourage you to speak life into your situations. SPEAK IT into EXISTENCE!!! Yes, it does not look like it is in your favor. But speak life so that it can be put into existence. God has given us the power and the authority to change our very situations. Therefore, speak it!!! Trust God and let Him direct your path. He is able to do it. He has come to give us life and for us to have it MORE ABUNDANTLY!!!

An awesome verse: "Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity.” ~ 1 Timothy 4:12 (KJV) 

Let's be examples!!!

Have a blessed week!!!

Stay blessed y'all!!
Steven Gable

1 comment: