Sunday, February 9, 2014

Weekly Devotional: I AM A CIRCLE MAKER

Hey everyone!!!We're back and better than Ever!! : ) This is my first blog of the year and I'm hyped!! God is going to great things this year in your life and in mine.

How do I know?? : )

Because God says so!^_^

In that I command thee this day to love the Lord thy God, to walk in his ways, and to keep his commandments and his statutes and his judgments, that thou mayest live and multiply: and the Lord thy God shall bless thee in the land whither thou goest to possess it. (Deuteronomy 30:16 KJV).  

Recently my small home group(it's like a bible study group) has been focusing on the favor of God and the "rain" that he provides in our life.

The "rain" is the favor, blessings, and dreams that God brings to existence in our lives.

In my small home group we have been reading about the Hebrew legend of Honi. In the legend, this man Honi was known as a circle maker. They called him a circle maker because he believed that in the midst of the dry season Israel was in, if he just stayed in the literal circle that he drew on the ground and prayed everyday in faith believing that God will send rain then GOD WILL SEND THE RAIN.

Circle makers stay in the circle until God "rains" on them or until he blesses them. Honi believed that an impossible dream could be accomplished by a God who makes all things possible. He didn't give up on that dream, he never left that circle. He prayed continually and pressed until God sent the rain.

How many of us can say we are like Honi? Have you left your circle?

Are you still believing God to provide the "rain" in your life? Or have you given up on your dream and left the circle because you didn't see one drop fall yet.

I encourage you to get back in that circle and to continue to believe for God's "rain" in your life. You never know when it's going to happen but YOU KNOW IT'S GOING TO HAPPEN BECAUSE OF YOUR HOPE IN THE LORD.

Last year I stayed in the circle for the job that I have now.  I'm going to be real and say it was definitely not easy!!! So many times I wanted to leave that circle and say forget it God is not going to do this if he wanted to he would have provided me a new job a long time ago. But something in me told me to keep pressing to keep believing for my new career position. (It was HOPE AND FAITH)

Every time I think about this story it brings tears to my eyes because it just reminds me of how real God is and how he loves me and wants to bless his children so much if we just continue to believe.

So,  to keep a long story short God basically closed a potential position that to me looked great and gave me an even better position!!!: )

God reminded me of the dream position that I always wanted and talked about when I graduated college. He blessed me with this great position which is the exact position that I dreamed about so long ago!!!

What if I gave up on that dream and left the circle??

I would have missed out on my blessing.

I say all of this to tell you to never give up on your dreams. God wants to "rain" on your life; and in every aspect of your life. Continue to seek up, never give up, and stay in that circle until it rains. : )

Stay in God's Peace, not in pieces : )

Hannah

1 comment: