Saturday, December 14, 2013

Saturday Sacrifice: H is for Humility and Hope



Humility can take you a long way.

You stand out and are noticed.  

My friend recently was noticed about her humility in being a servant.

So, my friend works at a hotel as a receptionist at the front desk. It is a part of her job to be hospitable to the guests, and make sure their stay at the hotel is a pleasant experience.

This past week one of the guests was so impressed by her service that he went to her manger and expressed how in awe they were about the treatment and hospitality they received.

If she didn’t have a servant’s heart, I am positive she would not have received that great review!

And because of this she might be in consideration now for a promotion.

I believe that humility and a servant’s heart go hand in hand. You can’t be willing to serve others if you can’t humble yourself.

Jesus Christ is the best demonstration of humility and having a servant’s heart.

Who, being in very nature[a] God,
    did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;
7
 rather, he made himself nothing
    by taking the very nature[b] of a servant,
    being made in human likeness.
8
 And being found in appearance as a man,
    he humbled himself
    by becoming obedient to death—
        even death on a cross!

9 Therefore God exalted him to the highest place
    and gave him the name that is above every name,

He humbled himself, he became a servant. He died for us.

However, he rose again with all power.

Then you will know that I am the Lord;
    those who hope in me will not be disappointed.”

This is one of the promises God gives us in his word.

Hope is a powerful thing.

That’s why when you have hope in God it can push you to some great things in your life like building a three story house from the ground up.

On the other hand, when you lose hope it can push you to do some terrible things like committing suicide

Hope.

To me hope is seeing my future as being  much better than my present.

And then when you add God to the mix,

Hope is I can do anything I put my mind, and hands to do.

Why?

Because I know that God has a great future for me and you too!=)

Just like the promise above, another verse emphasizes this too.

It’s found in Jeremiah 29, it says,

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Stay in God’s Peace, not in pieces

Saturday Sacrifice: Hannah=)

No comments:

Post a Comment