Friday, December 13, 2013

Friday Fellowship


Your Choice, Your Prayers Answered

The bible is filled with captivating and inspiring stories.  The glory or the magnificence or the highlight of these stories, were not the trials but the choices made in them. In the book of Philippians, Paul is in prison and his life is in the balance. In this predicament Paul made this choice, “For to me, living means living for Christ”.

Paul’s choice dictated his actions. So the prison couldn’t stop him from preaching Jesus Christ, it only became his new audience. Paul encouraged and edified believers from prison by writing a letter, showing every believer his situation didn’t demoralize him.  This choice ignited every believer in the confine. It filled them with confidence and boldness, causing them to spread God’s word.

                As believers we will go through trials. But when we make choices for God in these trials we shall reap in joy, peace, blessings and answered prayers. I remember being unemployed and working   temporary jobs earning small amounts. I knew God honored sacrifices, so I prayed a specific prayer, “God if you bless me with a job, I will sacrifice some of the money to which I clinch to. The first number I hear God, it is yours.” After, praying that prayer I walked upstairs and sat on the couch to watch TV. Not a minute later the man on the TV said give a certain number. As soon as I heard that number, I immediately prayed again “God, next number! Starting now!”

The number the man said on the TV was 75% of my check and when you haven’t seen money in awhile, your grip tightens. So I was faced with two choices and after contemplation, I made the choice to trust God. My choice was to trust that he’d honor my sacrifice and provide me a job.  I believe in giving tithes %10 of your income. The amount I gave that day was exactly %10 of the income of the job God blessed me with. You can credit coincidence; I’ll credit my God whom continues to answer my prayers.

Micah 7:7
Therefore I will look unto the Lord; I will wait for the God of my salvation: my God will hear me.
Matthew 6:26
 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?

  

No comments:

Post a Comment