Friday, December 20, 2013

Friday Fellowship: For God, For You


                          

               I remember working a temporary job, scheduled for a month and the situation was horrible. The boss was disrespectful, micro managing seemingly all the time. I remember going to the bathroom and exiting seeing him waiting outside. He asked me, what I was doing? On top of this crazy boss, it was hard labor with a random schedule at hours I disapprove. I complained nearly every day to myself. At this time I was new to reading God’s word and everything changed when I read this scripture:

Collosians 3:17
17 And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.

      To obey the word, I developed the mindset that God was my boss. I’d say to myself, “I’m doing this task to my best for you. God I will refrain from purposefully annoying the boss for you.”
          
           This new mindset brought about peace. As Jamera broke down so well on Tuesday, peace makes your situations non-existent. In the past seemingly complaining every minute, to now after obeying God’s word experiencing a silence in my mind which was peaceful. Days after experimenting with obeying God’s word, I began to drift back to my complaints.

        In the midst of my complaints, God opened my eyes. Showing me, since obeying his word, he moved me from every situation that was frustrating. I was moved to an area of isolation away from the micro manager and moved to an area without physical labor. I was still working a temporary job, my path in life was still uncertain, I was still working disapproving hours but yet none of that could stop me from thanking God for my life and present state. God’s peace removed me from my situation. Then as God always does, he leaves you with an expressive joy and an inexplicable hope.
.
2 Thessalonians 3:16
Now the Lord of peace Himself give you peace always by all means. The Lord be with you all.

Romans 15:13
 Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, in the power of the Holy Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment