Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Warrior Wednesdays: Live Life!


“I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.” Galatians 2:20

When Christ died our sins died with him. Our sins were nailed to the cross with Jesus and died as he died. Similarly, we must die a spiritual death. We die to our sins, to our desires, to our ideas. We die through repentance. When we repent we are turning away from our sins and that which is not of God. Repentance should happen on a daily basis. Many of us sin daily consciously and sometimes unconsciously therefore it is imperative to repent each day.  The paradox in dying daily to our sins is the ability to actually begin to live! Sin is binding and causes death. Although, sin is fun the end result of sin is death. This is sometimes seen in the physical sense possibly living a life of fornication has led to HIV and a person has died. Often people may live their entire lives with seemingly no consequence of sin however, when judgment day comes everyone will have to answer for their sins. If your sins were not covered by Christ’s death the end result is hell. The great news is once we die to our sins through repentance and turning away from our sins we can begin to live! Being dead to sin brings freedom; freedom from death and hell.

Paul states, “O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory? The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law. But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.” 1 Corinthians 15:55-57

Through Christ death we have the victory over sin, and death. This freedom allows us to live the life that God has intended for us to live “I come that you might have life and life more abundantly.” God has great plans in store for us which are attainable if we are willing to be crucified with Christ which gives us the power to live not the way we use to live, but as Jesus would live. Living a life by faith!

During my college years I lived a involving sin which was not pleasing to God. This was the darkest time in my life. I remember partying and having great fun, but I also remember being extremely, hurt, confused, frustrated, and disconnected for Christ. I was having the time of my life, but yet I was miserable. I was miserable because of the sin in my life. Sin gives the façade of greatness and is fun, however after sometime the effects of sin set in. Thankfully, I reconnected with Christ and died to sin and now I am able to experience the freedom that life provides.  Although, there are struggles and I feel frustrated and confused at times. My soul is filled with JOY because I know that God has greatness in store for me! Nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me…

Stay Blessed and Continue Warring for Christ!

Warrior Wednesday: Brittney

1 comment: