Thursday, November 28, 2013

GUEST BLOGGER FOR NOVEMBER: Psalms 144:1-2

Psalms 144: 1-2
Blessed be the Lord my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me.


God greatly does all of our fighting for us. He also does a good job of it, but he also encourages us to fight for what we believe in and what’s right. He trains our hands for war and our fingers for battle. Anything we come up against he equips with a strong mind and body. He made us not to be weak but to be strong and be ready for battle. All the praise goes to him for being our rock and preparing us to get ready for battle against any situation and circumstance. Jesus has done this so that we may win the battle and war against the Devil himself.

In verse 2 of chapter 144 of Psalms he is also a high tower and our deliverer. God is there two save us from our enemies. He saves us from diseases. Plus he is a high tower in time of storm. So that should make us want to trust him even more. He has the power to say to mountains be though removed and he will remove them from our lives, only if we trust him. He will even have the people that want to harm us, be cast away and moved from your life. In doing so, and basically we give him the glory and praise back to him.

Most of you guys know that I have a strong desire to go into the United States Navy. I failed my Asvab (Navy test) three times this year and in March of 2014 I can retake it. The first three times I failed, it made me want to give up and give in to this temporary storm, thinking that I shouldn’t take it again and try something else but this is what I really want to do. Through all of this, what Jesus is doing now is just simply training my hands and my fingers for battle. This is just preparation.

In preparation until I go in and when I am in the Navy (and after I pass my Asvab aka Navy test) Jesus will lead me, guide me, and direct my footsteps. I know that any battle that I will face Jesus himself will keep me “Jesus strong” (Just like the hoodie lol). All the training and preparing will pay off in boot camp and have me on way to my destiny. Working towards this destiny in the Navy, Jesus will keep me mentally and physically strong for whatever comes my way. He will be my high tower in time of storm, my deliverer from diseases including pain and sickness, and my shield from weapons and disaster that may try to bring me down. If I only trust him, then everything will work out for my good.

GUEST BLOGGER FOR NOVEMBER: DEVIN (DEVIN THE KID)


5 comments:

  1. Awesome Devin=)!! God's got your back Devin, just do you part my continuing to step out in faith, and God will do his! (Don't forget to get me a NAVY shirt!! =) I wear a small! thanks, love ya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great blog "Dev da Kid"! When I was reading I was like, "is this?" then at the end your picture confirmed your identity lol. Continue to grow in God young man and reap in blessings! And agreeing with Hannah, but I'm a size large

      Delete
  2. Alright bro!!! Go ahead!!! Devin when I saw you did this, I was like "YAASSS" and go ahead!! Naw, but for real this is awesome. Keep trusting God and following His will and He will continue to direct your path. And thank you for the reminder that God has us all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome!!! I love that you never gave up especially with your NAVY exam. I think God will honor your perseverance. Please keep the world updated with your progress. God bless you for turning something that some may see as negative into something positive.

    ReplyDelete