Friday, November 29, 2013

Friday Fellowship: Sin is Pleasurable



Psalms 145:16 +19
16 Thou openest thine hand, and satisfiest the desire of every living thing.
19 He will fulfil the desire of them that fear him: he also will hear their cry, and will save them.
            
      One dream I had, I was holding onto this continuous sparkling silk line that stretched out across the sky, allowing me to fly! I passed by waters, mountains and aesthetically pleasing lands. As I was enjoying myself with just a feeling of euphoria it all changed in a moment. I no longer had control of the line and it began to slowly descend toward the ground. As I was confused, suddenly like a roller coaster, it accelerated. Falling rapidly, I was unusually calm, as my eyes became fixated on this image far below. Finally drawing near, I could see inside the ground as it was transparent and inside the ground I saw a biblically described sin. As soon as I saw the sin, I heard a voice speak to me a bible verse “For the wages of sin is death”.Hysterically panicking now I tried to stop the falling, but I couldn’t and I crashed into this transparent patch of ground. I immediately awoke from the dream in fear.
      
    Sin is like this sparkling silk line that caused me to fly, it was exciting and fun. Yet it seemed within moments, swiftly, suddenly I began to dread, feel a disdain, remorse and a hatred for holding onto this line leading to my death.
         
     Sin is a pleasure fixated on the moment and your desire being fulfilled as you seek it. God’s blessings and benefits supersede sins momentary pleasures. God leads his people to situations, people, places and things that fill them with joy. The pleasures God grants are without any negative after effects. Also, God restrains pleasures and desires from his because the temporary high will lead to long lasting disappointment. Once you become God’s and live in his benefits and pleasures, you seek to stay in his hand.

     Brittney mentioned weeks ago a benefit of living a Godly lifestyle. She was in position to receive a job that fit all her desires, but unforeseen circumstances caused it not to happen. Several months later, she learned of the instability of the company. Had she been hired, she’d be eventually unemployed. This is God’s provision in her life, not luck. We expect God to do things like this and he does! This is just one benefit. One of our greatest benefits is having peace of mind in any situation, because we know God hears and answers the righteous!  

Psalms 34:8
O taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him.
 Proverbs 10:22
22 The blessing of the Lord, it maketh rich, and he addeth no sorrow with it.
Psalms 145:19
19 He will fulfil the desire of them that fear him: he also will hear their cry, and will save them.

No comments:

Post a Comment