Friday, October 4, 2013

Friday Fellowship: Unwillingly, Unplanned, Involuntairly


UNWILLINGLY, UNPLANNED, INVOLUNTARILY

In Revelation chapter four, John speaks of what he saw in Heaven. He saw four beasts and twenty four elders in white clothes all centering around one who sat on a throne. That one is GOD. Both groups were worshipping God. The beasts proclaimed his holiness and greatness without ceasing reverencing him. The twenty four elders cast their crowns before him then bowed down to him. Also, proclaiming his glory, his power and his sovereignty.

 I found the worship from these heavenly beings relative to our worship. Worship is an expression of reverence and adoration to God. Common forms of worship we notice are the clapping of hands, raising hands and singing. There is no set way to worship, as God looks on the heart of worship.

In my church from my youth I often felt pressured into certain expressions of worship. So as a youth I developed the mindset that I wouldn’t worship any specific way other than how I felt. One example, I wouldn’t lift my hands in the air to worship because I didn’t see any reason to do so. Often encouraged to lift our hands to God in worship, I wouldn’t. My philosophy changed as my relationship with God grew.

One specific day, I was praying and my mind was filled with worry. As I began praying, I started praising God “God your great, you created the Mountains, silver and gold is yours” then all of sudden in the midst of my prayer I felt a shift in the atmosphere. My worries had subsided in this shift and a peace and joy filled me. In that moment in prayer, the one who needs no introduction came in, GOD. Feeling wonderful now I became overcome with gratitude because I remember the frustration I had moments ago. Cognizant of God’s presence, I began to vehemently thank God for appearing. Then UNWILLINGLY, UNPLANNED, INVOLUNTARILY my hand rose in the air.

We were made to worship God. Regardless of my preconceived philosophy, in God’s presence my body had no choice, but to respond naturally. My hands rose in the air displaying the location of our God. He is higher, higher than philosophy, higher than rebellion, higher than my worries, higher than all things. Whether you plan to or not, engaged in worship from your heart, your body will respond naturally to God’s presence. At times in prayer I feel compelled to bow down, a natural position in God’s presence. When God is in our presence we are filled with FAITH, because we are reminded that GOD is in control and he is GOD.

Psalms 16:11
 Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.

No comments:

Post a Comment