Thursday, October 3, 2013

Thirsty Thursdays:Whoever has ears, let them hear...


The book of Revelations is a very interesting book in the bible. For many, as previously stated it can be a bit frightening. The title itself is interesting and very fitting for the content of the chapter. Revelation means to make something known, revealing something or “something that is revealed by God to humans, communicating divine truth” according to Merriam-Webster dictionary.  Chapter 3 discusses and reveals some signs of the end times while providing suggestions we should follow.

“1…I know your deeds; you have a reputation of being alive, but you are dead. 2 Wake up! Strengthen what remains and is about to die, for I have found our deeds unfinished in the sight of my God. 3 Remember, therefore what you have received and heard; hold it fast and repent. But if you do not wake up, I will come like a thief and you will not know at what time I will come to you” We heard the word of God, have knowledge of what it is we should do maybe even kind of sorta began doing it. But remember the job is not finished. This journey is a marathon not a sprint. It is easy to get side tracked by the burdens of day-to-day life and forget or put it to the side. Don’t “sleep, wake up” we have to always be ready, repent, continuously strive to live righteously and do the will of God for we don’t know exactly when he will return and we don’t want to be caught off guard.

“8 I know your deeds. See, I have placed before you an open door that no one can shut. I know that you have little strength, yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name…10 Since you have kept my command to endure patiently, I will also keep you from the hour of trial that is going to common the whole world to test the inhabitants of the earth”. It is a marathon not a sprint and it is only natural to get tired but continue to be strong and fight the good fight. Your efforts are not in vain. God’s grace is sufficient; his power is made perfect in our weakness.

“15 I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot…16 So, because you are lukewarm-neither hot nor cold- I am about to spit you out of my mouth. 17 You say, ‘I am rich; I have acquired wealth and do not need a thing.’ But you do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and naked.” There is no being neutral, no teetering on the fence, you are either in or out no in-between. Just being a generally good person isn't enough. There has to be conscious decision to accept Jesus as your Lord and savior and to do his will. The wealth or fame status etc. you acquire on earth mean nothing. These things are all temporary; you can’t buy your way into heaven. Don’t “gain the world yet lose your soul”. Take heed,  and stay prepared. "Whoever has ears, let them hear'



Stay Thirsty My Friends

Thirsty Thursdays

No comments:

Post a Comment