Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Warrior Wednesdays: Pressure, Persecution & Perseverance


How do you handle negative comments about your christian walk? Do you get angry or are you calm and collected. When people have negative remarks about my Christian beliefs I tend to be extremely quiet. I become quiet so I won't say anything mean. In today's reading Jesus shows us how we should react when people are questioning our faith. 

Jesus was whipped, beat, mocked, and eventually crucified for standing up for what he knew was right. Despite the persecution he remained calm. He never yelled or even said much to Pilate during his trial. He endured and persevered knowing he was serving a greater purpose.

Similarly, if you are made fun of or questioned about your faith remember how Jesus reacted and strive to be like him. This may be easier said than done, but greater is he that is in us than he that is in the world. God will empower us to stay strong. 

My personal challenge when it comes to answering questions about my faith is to answer in a calm manner. In the past remaining silent has hindered me from witnessing to people. Do you struggle with pressures regarding your faith? If so remember how Jesus reacted.

Stay Blessed and Continue Warring for Christ!
Warrior Wednesday: Brittney

No comments:

Post a Comment