Tuesday, September 17, 2013

TRANSFORMING TUESDAY: None Of This Even Matters At All

I've found that the older I get the more I realize what matters and what does not matter. I have also realized who matters and who does not matter. This newly developed mindset is all attributed to wisdom that God has given me through reading his word. I have found:

What Matters:


  • My relationship with God
  • Fulfilling my purpose
  • My family
  • My joy
  • My friendships
  • My relationships
  • My peace

What No Longer Matters:

  • Fears
  • Uncertainty
  • Judgment from others
  • Confusion
  • Anything that belongs to this world

In today's reading in John we see Jesus almost being persecuted for his beliefs -- for his calling. Pilate begins questioning Jesus as to his power/position among the Jews. He asks, "If Jesus is really the king of the Jews then why have the Jews handed him over?" Have you ever asked yourself similar questions? 

  • If someone dies, do you ask God why did he let that person die?
  • If someone is sick, do you ask God why did he let that person get sick?
  • If someone leaves us, do you ask God why did he let that person leave?
  • If we face hard times, do you ask God why hasn't he given us a break?

I'm guilty of all of these questions. Who am I to question God's judgment, plans, and position? He has never failed me yet so I should be the last one to question him right? No. I still question God. When something doesn't go my way, I'm quick to worry, I'm quick to doubt, I'm quick to panic. I'm quick to do everything but realize what truly matters. Jesus told Pilate that his kingdom is not of this world. If we all developed that mindset do you realize how much better off we'd be? Not just when things are bad, but also when things are good. For example, when you get a raise on your job -- a raise is good but try not to get too consumed in making money that you forget that money is irrelevant in Heaven. Or you get a good grade on your exam that you get so excited -- I'll be the first to say that getting a good grade is great, but in Heaven grades and intellectual abilities are not a factor. God can still use that person who may not have excelled in school for his glory. Everything that you do here on Earth is in preparation for Heaven. What Matters In Your Life? Is It Something That Will Order Your Steps Towards Heaven?

Prayer:
Dear God thank you for continuing to bestow grace upon my life. I pray that when I become so overwhelmed with the weight of the world that you either lift my burden or give me the strength to persevere through the storm. I also pray that you instill within me priorities that align with your purpose and plan for my life. Thank you for allowing me to be fortunate to know that nothing else matters than seeing your face -- seeking the master, the one who reigns over my life. Lord I ask that if I become too consumed with the things of the world that you will remind me that Earth is not your kingdom, that Heaven is -- And Heaven is where I NEED to, WANT to, and WILL be. In your precious name I pray amen. 

Nothing Else Matters - Marvin Sapp

It's Never Too Late To Transform Your Tuesdays :)
Transforming Tuesday: Jamera

No comments:

Post a Comment