Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Thirsty Thursdays: Psalms 86


“5 You, Lord, are forgiving and good, abounding in love to all who call to you.”
God is forgiving. We make mistakes, we go against his will, we fall short, yet he forgives and forgets. He remembers our sins no more. God is full of love; he is love. He loved us so much he gave his only begotten so that whoever shall believe in him shall not die but have everlasting life.

“7When I am distress, I call to you because you answer me”
  At all times we can call on God. Unlike friends, family, peers, associates etc. he won’t be too busy, or preoccupied. Cast your cares and concerns up to the Lord, seek him out he will always be there. He will never leave you nor forsake you.

“10 For you are great and do marvelous deeds, you alone are God”
God does marvelous things. The blessings and favor we obtained is unmatched. Time and time again he provides ways when there are no ways, he opens doors and makes opportunities.  With God nothing is impossible and nothing is too grand. He raised the dead, turned water to wine, parted the red sea, healed sick, gave the blind sight, the list is endless. Just sitting back and thinking about all of the marvelous things he has done for me in my life leads me to the next verse

“12 I will praise you, Lord my God, with all my heart; I will glorify your name forever. 13 For great is your love toward me; you have delivered me from the depths. “
God deserves our praise and our worship. He deserves not just a part of our heart but all of it. No straddling the fence. He has done so much for all of us, more than we can count, some things we may not even realize.  The least we can do is praise him, glorify his holy name, give him thanks for all the magnificent things he has done. 




Stay Thirsty My Friends

Thirsty Thursdays

No comments:

Post a Comment