Friday, September 20, 2013

Friday Fellowship: Answer Me

                                       Answer Me
Psalms 86:6-7
Give ear, O Lord, unto my prayer; and attend to the voice of my supplications.
In the day of my trouble I will call upon thee: for thou wilt answer me.

There was a time in my life where I earnestly sought God for certain things. I wanted God to change my direction in life and had a list of changes I wanted to see. This ranged from a new job, new car and my own Catherine Zeta Jones/girlfriend. So I told God I’d seek him earnestly and I would sacrifice certain things for him so he would answer my prayers.

 For the first time in my life I dedicated an hour to God, praying and reading his word. I would consistently throughout the week dedicate a set time. Sports games would come on, but I’d say God I’m seeking you and I know you will ANSWER ME. Friends would call, and I’d say “I got to go”. Then go to prayer saying God I’m seeking you and I know you will ANSWER ME. Unfortunately, time has a way of disrupting our faith. Several months passed by and now I’m struggling to dedicate this hour to God because none of my prayers have been answered. I was thinking maybe my sacrifice and prayers were in vain. Unknowingly, I developed some faith because I was learning God’s word.

I told myself, God I know your real and at some point you will ANSWER ME. Reason is because your  bible says “Seek me and you will find me. It also says Seek you first and all these things shall be added unto me”. I continued earnestly crying out to God each day “ANSWER ME”.

Year now has passed by and my prayer is still the same “ANSWER ME”. One day my church had a special service and a prophet was a guest. A prophet is a servant of God whom delivers divine specific messages. He called me down to the front to deliver a divine specific message to me. I was scared because at that point in my life, I was hiding my faith in God and didn’t want anyone to know. Also, because of my tendency to cry when God speaks to me or I feel his presence. So I didn’t want to cry in front of everyone.

As I walked to the front I prayed a prayer to God, “God shut the mouth of your prophet, I heard you last week when you spoke to me. I believe now and know now it was you whom spoke. Shut his mouth because if you allow him to speak, I will sob and it’s embarrassing to me.”

When I got to the front, he moved along speaking to other people. Months later he came back and spoke to me, therefore I did sob lol. However, that day God ANSWERED ME. This is what the prophet was going to say and what I heard the week before, “I have seen you and heard you. The father which sees in secret will reward you openly.”
To all those whom rise early, fast, read your word and just diligently seeking him, keep going God sees you. Your prayers are heard and sacrifices are seen.

Isaiah 64:4
For since the beginning of the world men have not heard, nor perceived by the ear, neither hath the eye seen, O God, beside thee, what he hath prepared for him that waiteth for him.
Psalms 94:9
 He that planted the ear, shall he not hear? he that formed the eye, shall he not see?

No comments:

Post a Comment