I wrote a longer post than normal so to help people out who have short attention spans I have listed the important topics below : )
- When you are in a situation in which the odds are against you don't fear. "Let not your heart be troubled:"John 14:1
- If you ask God for something that aligns with his will he will give it to you. If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it." John 14:14
- When you are faced with difficult situations and you don't know what to do, handle the situation like Jehoshaphat.
- Fast "...proclaimed a fast throughout all Judah." 2 Corinthians 20:3
- Tell the Lord your situation " we have no might against this great company that cometh against us; neither know we what to do: but our eyes are upon the." 2 Corinthians 20:12
- Believe God, "...Believe in the LORD your God, so shall ye be established;" 2 Corinthians 20:20
- Give praise to God "he appointed singers unto the LORD, and that should praise the beauty of holiness, as they went out before the army, and to say, Praise the LORD; for his mercy endureth for ever." 2 Corinthians 20:21
- Reap the benefits of serving an awesome God! "And when Judah came toward the watch tower in the wilderness, they looked unto the multitude, and, behold, they were dead bodies fallen to the earth, and none escaped. And when Jehoshaphat and his people came to take away the spoil of them, they found among them in abundance both riches with the dead bodies, and precious jewels, which they stripped off for themselves, more than they could carry away: and they were three days in gathering of the spoil, it was so much." 2 Corinthians 20:24-25
If you would like more information please continue to read below :)
How do you handle situations that are outside of your control? Do you worry are you afraid or are you confident knowing you will over come. During my lifetime I have endured countless situations in which the odds were against me. Sometimes I would stress over the situation and have so much anxiety literally feeling my heart racing unable to sleep at night because I did not know what to do. As my walk with God has grown I am able to realize how unnecessary it was for me to ever worry. Today's readings are perfect examples why we should NEVER worry or be afraid.
Jesus tells us not to worry "Let not your heart be troubled:"John 14:1 He goes on to tell us whatever we ask he will do it. "And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son." John 14:13 Not only does he tell us that he will do what we ask but he states it again in the very next verse confiming to us that we can ask anything and he will do it. "If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it." John 14:14 Now before you go asking for a million things remember that our asking goes along with us following after God. If we are doing what is in his will then our request should align with him and God will freely bless you. 2 Corinthians demonstrates how God responds when we ask for blessings that align with his will.
2 Corinthians 20 tells the story of King Jehoshaphat who was the king of Judah. Three nations had come down to fight against the nation of Judah. These three nations must have been massive because the bible says Jehoshaphat feared. He sought the Lord and declared a fast throughout the entire nation. Jehoshaphat said to the Lord " we have no might against this great company that cometh against us; neither know we what to do: but our eyes are upon the." 2 Corinthians 20:12 At this point Jehoshaphat was saying very plainly God we don't have the power to go against these people and we do not know what to do, but we are looking to you. I think we can all relate to Jehoshaphat in this situation. Going through a situation that you don't know what to do. Remember to go to God first.
The story goes on that God answers Jehoshaphat by saying "Ye shall not need to fight in this battle: set yourselves, stand ye still, and see the salvation of the LORD with you,"2 Corinthians 20:17 Can you imagine how the people must have felt when they heard this. I am sure some were excited, but I know some people were skeptical thinking we are going to war and God is telling us we don't need to fight. How can you have a war and not fight. Jehosphat must have known that there were going to be doubters so he said "...Believe in the LORD your God, so shall ye be established;" 2 Corinthians 20:20 As they were going to the battle field Jehosphat "appointed singers unto the LORD, and that should praise the beauty of holiness, as they went out before the army, and to say, Praise the LORD; for his mercy endureth for ever." 2 Corinthians 20:21 You may be thinking who would have singers going to a battle, but Jehosphat knew that praise brings God glory. "And when they began to sing and praise, the LORD set ambushments against the children of Ammon, Moab, and mount Seir, which were come against Judah, and they were smitten." 2 Corinthians 20:22 The story ends with every single person who came to fight against the nation of Judah being slaughtered. The three nations that had come to fight against Judah fought against each other and killed every person the bible says that not one person lived. Not only did Judah not have to fight but the other nations were carrying jewles and gold on them so much that it took three days for the people of Judah to take all of the riches.
How great is our God! When you are going through a situation when everything looks to be against you remember this story.
Stay Blessed and Continue Warring for Christ!
Warrior Wednesday: Brittney