Friday, September 13, 2013

Friday Fellowship: My Invisible Friend




     My Invisible Friend

John 15:15
15 Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.

Reading this verse reminded me that God is indeed my friend. He’s a friend of mine that is invisible, some say he’s non-existent, some say he can’t be contacted, some say he just exists, but I can whole heartedly say he has been visible in my life.

Countless times in my life when I was discouraged, I became encouraged through prayer by a friend whom I can’t see. I would receive understanding through prayer and a hope that would carry me through harsh times.
I remember times when I would have things and go places that made me happy, but after those moments sadness would return. This is when I’d read the bible and certain verses would speak directly to my thoughts. Obviously, I had a friend whom I can’t see who knew what I needed to hear to fill me with joy.

I once was a secretive, hidden and locked up person shutting out the world to my life. Trusting none and ashamed of who I’ve become. Certainly, without any doubt the friend I met in 2012 was approved by the friend whom I can’t see. Helping me face fears, heal hurts and unlocking chains on my life that were oppressive.

For four years people will motivate me and encourage me to return to school, but I would not listen. Besides the finances I had many conflicts internally. Suddenly, circumstances came into my life that I thought I couldn’t handle. These circumstances cause me to heal, as I realized a friend whom I can’t see placed these in my life.

My decision to return to school was based solely on a friend whom I can’t see, telling me he’d be with me.

Psalms 55:22
Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken.




No comments:

Post a Comment