Saturday, September 14, 2013

Saturday Sacrifice: Life is Better with God than Without


Life is better with God than without.

Some time ago I saw a post on facebook that said something like this, “I rather go through life believing in God rather than going through life not and end up spending eternity in hell”.

When I saw this I began to think you know that’s true. It’s almost like handing in an assignment early rather than later because you not sure when it is actually due. Or it’s like having car insurance in case you get into an accident you want to make sure you are covered so the car can be fixed.

It’s security.

Jesus wants us to be secure in this life and in the life to come.

“For I know the thoughts I have for you saith the Lord, thoughts of God and not of evil to give you a future and a hope.”

In life there will be rough patches. But, God said, “…in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

Traveling through life with God is better than traveling alone.

Take for instance this passage in Psalms,

13 “If my people would only listen to me,
    if Israel would only follow my ways,
14
 how quickly I would subdue their enemies
    and turn my hand against their foes!
15
 Those who hate the Lord would cringe before him,
    and their punishment would last forever.
16
 But you would be fed with the finest of wheat;
    with honey from the rock I would satisfy you.”

God promises to protect us from our enemies, and to provide us with the best of everything we need.

I don’t know why someone wouldn’t want a friend like that.

Be insured in God, he provides the best coverage.=)

Stay in God's Peace, not in pieces=)
 


Saturday Sacrifice: Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment