Saturday, September 7, 2013

Saturday Sacrifice: Lose something???


Ever lose something, something that was really important to you.
And this thing you had to absolutely find.
 
 
 
Sometimes we can search for these lost items really hard and find what we are looking for.
And,
Sometimes we won’t find what we are looking for.
 
In the bible it says, The Lord is with you when you are with him. If you seek him, he will be found by you, but if you forsake him, he will forsake you.
In the same chapter where this verse is found it tells a story of a King who was at his limit. He knew that he wasn’t sufficient in himself, and knew that God was the answer. This is that King’s prayer:
11 Then Asa called to the Lord his God and said, “Lord, there is no one like you to help the powerless against the mighty. Help us, Lord our God, for we rely on you, and in your name we have come against this vast army. Lord, you are our God; do not let mere mortals prevail against you.”
King Asa was with God; he sought the Lord, and he found him.
The story continues and says, the Lord struck down the Cushites before Asa and Judah. The Cushites fled, 13 and Asa and his army pursued them as far as Gerar. Such a great number of Cushites fell that they could not recover; they were crushed before the Lord and his forces. The men of Judah carried off a large amount of plunder.
These verses prove that when you seek God, you will find him. I can personally attest that this is true. Not only because the bible says it but because I experienced it.
I made up in my mind last year that I wanted to experience God on a new level, and to know him for myself. I was tired of hearing everyone else’s experiences with God. I wanted my own.
So, I sought him just like King Asa.
And guess what??
I found him!!!=) My relationship with my Lord has most def grown and is still continuing to grow. Thank God.
My point is that if you really want to find God, like those lost keys or favorite shirt or blouse. You will most definitely find him.
Jeremiah 29:13 New International Version (NIV)
13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Stay in God's Peace, not in pieces=)
 Saturday Sacrifice:Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment