Friday, September 6, 2013

Friday Fellowship: God Revived Me


God Revived Me
                Reading the story of Lazareth’s resurrection reminded me of my own reviving. Two days ago, I returned to Montclair State University after four years and it filled me with joy! The reason I was joyful in returning is because I can still recall the day God revived me.

        Months after leaving Montclair I became depressed and in despair. One day I prayed to God “Had you helped me; I wouldn’t be in this state.” The darkness in my room was comfortable, because there was no hope in anything I saw in my life. In this state I questioned my life and the purpose of serving God, since my life seemingly was benefit less.  Through this self analysis, I made the decision to Stop serving God and abandon everything I knew concerning God! Immediately, after making that decision I had a divine encounter with God.

     Upon my decision to abandon God, there came forth an overwhelming love. A love that was suffocating my worries, drowning my doubts and killing my excuses. These are violent descriptions, but at that moment I was at my breaking point. The smile I have, that most associate me with, would’ve been lost forever had not God intervened. God’s violent love destroyed everything in that moment that was about to make me become a miserable person.

     This inescapable love I experienced revived hope. Nothing changed in my life at that moment, I was still unemployed, still an unsuccessful college student, still had broken relationships and still without a plan in life. But the unstoppable love of God ripped through those things. As they could not keep God from reaching me to give me peace and joy. The love of God transcended my troubles and gave me value despite lacking everything in earthly value.  There is a value in knowing the creator of the Universe loves you. There is no love, like God’s love.

 Romans 8:35
Who can keep us away from the love of Christ? Can trouble or problems? Can suffering wrong from others or having no food? Can it be because of no clothes or because of danger or war? 

Psalms 34:6
This poor man cried, and the Lord heard him, and saved him out of all his troubles.


No comments:

Post a Comment