Sunday, September 8, 2013

Salvation Sunday: Who Do You Look To?

This is a deep question. Or another similar question is how are you building your faith or your foundations on? This is extremely important. And I don't mean like Buddhist vs Christian. I mean the Word of God or yourself or the world/society/media. Where do you look for role models? Do you look for them in the church or on the streets? How are we molding our lives? Is it based off of TV or what society or famous people say? 

It is important that we watch what has influence over our lives. And the thing is I can't tell you what to do and what to cut. Because what affects you in one way might affect me in the opposite way. In addition, this is something that you work out with God in your relationship. I know I had to watch the music that I listened to because it would influence my mindset and my language. I noticed that certain songs would cause me to curse easily. So, I had to make sure I paid attention to what I was consuming and even affecting me. 

We see a couple of examples in 2 Chronicles where the kings didn't look to God for guidance. They didn't rely on God to fight their battles. They didn't wait on God to hear a word. When going through life, we have to trust God. We have to rely on God for strength. We have to look to God for help. We shouldn't be consuming things that aren't like God to fill the void. We shouldn't be depending on our own strength to fix our situations. Jesus understood this in everything He did. First, in the garden of Gethsemane, Jesus cried out unto God for strength. He sought God so hard that He was sweating blood. He needed God to get through this situation. If you knew you had unlimited power, would you suffer those whips and being spit on and more torture? Or would you take the easy way out? Jesus knew the price He had to pay and He wanted to finish the task. But, He knew He couldn't do it on His own. He looked to His Heavenly Father for some help. As Christians, we need look to God as He is our HELP!! 



This song is a wonderful song and it's one of my favorites. I know that whenever I feel stressed or bummed out about my situation, this is a song I can listen to as a reminder that Jesus is who I should look to as He is my help.

Stay blessed!!!

Salvation Sunday: Steven Gable


2 Chronicles 6:41 "Now therefore arise, O LORD God, into thy resting place, thou, and the ark of thy strength: let thy priests, O LORD God, be clothed with salvation, and let thy saints rejoice in goodness."

No comments:

Post a Comment