Saturday, July 20, 2013

Saturday Sacrifice:Remember God, and have a piece of humble pie


Eating a piece of humble pie can sometimes be hard for people to swallow. Even the most humble person can slip up sometimes.

Human beings have the tendency to always want the credit for everything. We want to get our shine on.

There’s no issue in being successful because God wants to bless us in every aspect of our life.

Jeremiah 29:11


11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

I think the issue arises when we forget to acknowledge God and thank him for it.

Like in Amos 5, the children of Israel forgot all the wonderful things God blessed them with. Instead of acknowledging him and thanking him for it they offered sacrifices to other gods and idols.

 “I hate, I despise your religious festivals;
    your assemblies are a stench to me.

22
 Even though you bring me burnt offerings and grain offerings,
    I will not accept them.
Though you bring choice fellowship offerings,
    I will have no regard for them.
23
 Away with the noise of your songs!
    I will not listen to the music of your harps.
24
 But let justice roll on like a river,
    righteousness like a never-failing stream!

25 “Did you bring me sacrifices and offerings
    forty years in the wilderness, people of Israel?
26
 You have lifted up the shrine of your king,
    the pedestal of your idols,
    the star of your god[b]
    which you made for yourselves.
27
 Therefore I will send you into exile beyond Damascus,”
    says the Lord, whose name is God Almighty.

I believe God honors humility. In a way when you are humble and direct the glory back to God you are praising him.



King Ahab humbled himself before God, and God remembered him for it.  28 Then the word of the Lord came to Elijah the Tishbite: 29 “Have you noticed how Ahab has humbled himself before me? Because he has humbled himself, I will not bring this disaster in his day..”

So remember God, acknowledge him, thank him, and have a piece of humble pie!!=)

Stay in God’s peace, not in pieces =)
Saturday Sacrifice: Hannah

1 comment:

  1. Awesome Hannah!!!! What a great reminder to stay humble through it all!!!

    ReplyDelete