Friday, July 19, 2013

Friday Fellowship: When do you recognize God in your life?

The easiest way to recognize God’s hand in your life is when your strength has failed, when your abilities aren’t enough, when your knowledge won’t suffice and when everything within your power falls short.
God is most easily recognized at these times because we can’t associate the outcome to ourselves.

In the book of Kings twice Israel was in a battle against great odds. Both times God spoke to their king saying they will be victorious and after they will KNOW GOD IS LORD. After, their victory Israel knew they were not the reason for the victory, but God was. When you have an understanding of your limits, you will understand where God begins and recognize God’s involvement.
1 Kings 20:13
“And, behold, there came a prophet unto Ahab king of Israel, saying, Thus saith the Lord, Hast thou seen all this great multitude? behold, I will deliver it into thine hand this day; and thou shalt know that I am the Lord.”

This resembles our present world, a miracle is noted when there are great odds or opposition or achievements. However, is this the only time God should be acknowledged? Does God only help achieve notable things?  No!! Definitely not!
Psalms 40:15
“O LORD my God, you have performed many wonders for us. Your plans for us are too numerous to list. You have no equal. If I tried to recite all your wonderful deeds, I would never come to the end of them.”

It also says in psalms that God has numbered the hairs on our heads. God wants to be involved in everything in our lives from small to great because of the great love he has for us. God deserves glory and thanks even for things most people might call trivial.
I give glory to God as often as I can because I KNOW GOD IS LORD. This means the air I breathe is his, the eyes I open are his, the job I have is his and ultimately everything because God is lord. God is lord means God has power and authority over all. Everything we have is from God.
Deuteronomy 10:14
“To the LORD your God belong the heavens, even the highest heavens, the earth and everything in it.”

Make it a habit to acknowleged  GOD AS LORD  and give God glory. Then watch blessings flow in your life. Show how much you appreciate his help and KNOW GOD IS LORD by thanking God for everything.  I will share my small list of things I normally give God thanks and glory for.
Small List of Gratitude toward the Lord my God
·         I haven’t received a ticket since last year, thank you God.
·         Returned to college this year, thank you God.
·         My eyes are pain free since last year, thank you God.
·         All my bills are paid and not late, thank you God.
·         I feel really good today, thank you God.

1 Thessalonians 5:18
“Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.”

No comments:

Post a Comment