Saturday, July 27, 2013

Saturday Sacrifice: LOvE CHaLLenGE


In 1 Corinthians 13 God reveals to us what REAL LOVE is.
LOVE is…
Patient
Kind
Does not envy
Does not boast
Is not proud
Does not dishonor others
Is not self-seeking
Does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth
It protects
It trusts
It hopes
It preserves
It never fails.
This is love. The most profound thing to me about this is that God says out of faith, hope and love the greatest of these is love.
After all that is what started everything. God’s love for us is the reason why we have salvation and why it is available to those who want it.
“For God so love the world they he gave his only begotten son so that whoever believes in him will not perish but have ever lasting life.”
Having love in your heart is obviously extremely important to God. It even says, “If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast,[b] but do not have love, I gain nothing.
And it also says,
In I John 4:7-8, “Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.
A successful life on a spiritual, mental, and emotional level is nothing if you don’t have love. Having love for one another and most importantly God is what truly separates us from the rest of the world.
John 13:34-35  A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.  By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
I challenge all of us, including myself to get to know God more, which will cause us to love more because when we do God will most definitely shine through. Where God shines nothing stays the same.
Ephesians 2:4-5
But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved.
 
Stay in God’s peace, not in pieces =)
Saturday Sacrifice: Hannah

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment