Friday, July 26, 2013

Friday Fellowship: God Prepared for You

       Preparation is associated with care, love, focus, seriousness and commitment. How do you feel when you go somewhere and upon your arrival there are preparations for you? Imagine a movie theatre that when you came they directed you to your favorite seat, your favorite snacks were on the chair, your favorite drink in the cup holder and the right temperature was set. You would be in awe of such treatment and such care for you. Especially, if you didn’t pay for this service. The ultimate sign of love and care is in preparations. It displays your thoughts.
     
     In the book of Kings a man of God, Elisha is threatened by an army seeking his life. Elisha did not fret because not only did he know God made preparations for his protection but he saw it. God already had his army in place to protect Elisha. This means God foresaw the evil plan to destroy his servant Elisha. As in our lives, to them whom serve God, when in trouble remember God has already made preparations. Your situation did not surprise God. He is not unprepared in any aspect of our life.
Jeremiah 29:11
11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith theLord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

     When we look in Jonah it shows a man of God being disobedient to God’s word. God shows in Jonah he prepares places for his people to correct them and steer them back to his will
. Jonah 1
17 Now the Lord had prepared a great fish to swallow up Jonah. And Jonah was in the belly of the fish three days and three nights.


      Difficulty does not mean God has forgotten you as both Elisha and Jonah were facing difficulty. Elisha was obedient and Jonah wasn’t, but in both stories God has made preparations for both. Whether we are obedient or disobedient we need to realize God made preparations and if we choose to serve him GREAT are the RESULTS DUE TO GOD’S PREPARATIONS!!

There are places God has for us that are tailored made for us and so specific that upon your arrival, you will say in certainty, “I know God created this place!” Ultimately, God’s greatest preparations were his son Jesus to die for all our sins; that we may live in God’s prepared Heaven for those whom choose to serve him.
John 14
In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

     Last year, when I was without a car walking to and from work, I learned God prepared for me to endure the journey. The times when I was extremely frustrated, exhausted and felt forgotten, God at those times prepared for me random people to offer me rides. Also, specific things would happen during the day and cheer me up encouraging me to endure the walk. Then there were the times where God himself would draw me in his presence. My mind would be wandering and negative thoughts would flow, then I’d feel an urge to pray. When I followed the feeling to pray, an hour long walk would feel like minutes.

   God through preparations for us shows he loves us, cares for us, that were important to him and that he wants the best for us. Do we make preparations for him in our schedules?
Matthew 6:33
33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

No comments:

Post a Comment