Saturday, June 15, 2013

Saturday Sacrifice:GOD is >>>




>>>“Surely your God is the God of gods and the Lord of kings and a revealer of mysteries…”

>>>“David then took up residence in the fortress and called it the City of Dave. He built up the area around it, from the terraces inward. And he became more and more powerful, because the Lord God Almighty was with him.”

>>>“The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath. So the Son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath.”

I highlighted these parts of the verses from our reading today because to me it describes some of God’s attributes.

He is God of gods, Lord of kings, revealer of mysteries, powerful, and Lord even of the Sabbath.

Personally, knowing God’s attributes through verses contributes to the increase of my faith in God.

How do you increase your faith in God???

Some people think it just happens… like you just wake up one day, and BOOM, you have great faith!

No it doesn’t come that way. It comes through his word, “So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God” (Romans 10:17). By going to church and actually listening to the Pastor, reading your bible, memorizing verses, etc. you are increasing your faith in God.

As a little girl, I never understood why the adults always stressed these things,

“Make sure you read the bible”

“Know your memory verse for next week’s Sunday school class”

“Pay attention in church, stop playing around”

“Did you pray today?”

But now I do. I remember my mom described bible verses as bullets to me and my siblings once. She said memorizing verses is like ammo for a gun. If your gun is empty then you are defenseless against the devil’s tactics.

It’s true though. Nothing in this world can fill you completely like God’s word. Honestly, when I am at a point where I have no idea where to turn, all of sudden verses just flood into me that give me hope. Why? Because these verses like the three verses mentioned above describe who God is. It reminds me that I am not alone and that God is with me.

Stay in God’s peace, not in pieces =)

Saturday Sacrifice: Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment