Friday, June 14, 2013

Friday Fellowship: God Answers Specific Prayers

One fact I know about God is that he answers Specific Prayers. Here are two Specific Prayers one by Daniel and one by a leprous man that exemplify this:

2 Samuel 3
18 “That they would desire mercies of the God of heaven concerning this secret; that Daniel and his fellows should not perish with the rest of the wise men of Babylon.”
19” Then was the secret revealed unto Daniel in a night vision. Then Daniel blessed the God of heaven.”
Mark 1
40 “And there came a leper to him, beseeching him, and kneeling down to him, and saying unto him, If thou wilt, thou canst make me clean.”
41 “And Jesus, moved with compassion, put forth his hand, and touched him, and saith unto him, I will; be thou clean.”

God answered according to the Specific Prayer request “be thou clean” and “secret revealed”. It is important when you pray to be specific. Why???
1.      It is a sign of faith. You are demonstrating faith to God by asking him specifically to grant your desires. Think of a kid on Christmas with great parents he tells them the color, name and details of toy he wants. A kid that doesn’t believe won’t be specific, but instead he’ll ask nonchalantly.
2.      Specifying diminishes our natural doubting minds. The fact is if we are specific in secret and when it comes to pass we know there is only one who sees in secret, God!!! In some of our past readings, God clearly tells his people at times he allows them to face extreme odds so that God himself will get ALL of Glory. All of Glory. God says he is the King of Glory, which means God wants his praise or your acknowledgement for his hand in your life achievements.

I am guilty of this at times, crediting my own strengths, skills, or abilities. I am not perfect, but I remind myself when I can that God created me, so it’s God’s ability. So thank you God for allowing me to thrive in those areas.

God is still answering prayers. I am presently enrolled in my former school which I last attended in 2009, all by God’s hand. My confidence in my ability had been shattered and I had many doubts or concerns in returning. I had to go to a county college first to demonstrate to my former school, that I was ready to return. I prayed a specific prayer God if this is your will show me a sign tomorrow in orientation. I arrived in orientation the next day and as I was going down an isle to sit I saw a seat in the front row. This seat’s table was lifted up and it was the only chair with the table lifted in the front. The reason I’m detailing the chair, is because anyone who goes to my church knows I sit exactly in the front, the middle seat. It caught my eye as I went down the aisle and I heard “This is your seat”. Say what you want, but my prayer was specific and in secret, so I know God was the only one in attendance of my prayer. I took two classes in county college and one was a class I failed back in 2009. I specifically asked God for two A’s.

Thank you God, for blessing my studies and mind, as I received two A’s.

After, I focused myself on returning to MSU, my former school. I prayed and wrote down 8 questions that brought uncertainty to me returning to MSU.

Thank you God, he answered all 8, as I begin in September!
God loves the specific prayer. I know because those are the ones he’s answered in my life.

Psalms 37:4
“Delight yourself in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart.”

No comments:

Post a Comment