Saturday, May 25, 2013

Saturday Sacrifice: He Hears Your Prayer


Save me, O God, by your name;
    vindicate me by your might.
2
 Hear my prayer, O God;
    listen to the words of my mouth.

3 Arrogant foes are attacking me;
    ruthless people are trying to kill me—

    people without regard for God.[c]

4 Surely God is my help;
    the Lord is the one who sustains me.

5 Let evil recoil on those who slander me;
    in your faithfulness destroy them.

6 I will sacrifice a freewill offering to you;
    I will praise your name, Lord, for it is good.
7
 You have delivered me from all my troubles,
    and my eyes have looked in triumph on my foes.

God hears our prayers. Even when we feel like he doesn’t, he hears us.

He answered the prayer or request of the elders in Samuel 8.

But the people refused to listen to Samuel. “No!” they said. “We want a king over us. 20 Then we will be like all the other nations, with a king to lead us and to go out before us and fight our battles.”

21 When Samuel heard all that the people said, he repeated it before the Lord. 22 The Lord answered, “Listen to them and give them a king.”

We just have to wait, and continue to pray, and seek God with our whole heart. In those times of silence from God, he’s trying our faith. He is also stretching our faith which helps us to totally rely on him for everything.

Stay in God’s Peace, not in pieces =)

Saturday Sacrifice: Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment