Sunday, May 26, 2013

Salvation Sunday: UNASHAMED!!....... Who are you TRUSTing?


Romans 1:16-17 "For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.". I love these two verses!!!



The question is are you unashamed. But, when you talk about being unashamed, there are many things to be unashamed for. My question is are you ashamed of God? Are you ashamed to trust God? Are you ashamed to let God take control? A lot of times we are ashamed to relinquish the power to someone. I know that I will not ask for help and say some things because I am too ashamed to say it. With God, there is no need to feel ashamed. Actually, God wants us to ask Him for help. He wants us to trust Him.

In addition, He wants us to trust what He has given us. In 1 Samuel, we see Saul doubting what God has called him to do. Saul said this in 1 Samuel 9:21 says
 "And Saul answered and said, Am not I a Benjamite, of the smallest of the tribes of Israel? and my family the least of all the families of the tribe of Benjamin? wherefore then speakest thou so to me?".

With this, don't let your past hinder you from moving forward. When God calls you to do something or step up in your calling, He knows where you have come from. He knows what you have dealt with you. Remember He chose you for a reason and He knows it all and knows what is best for us!!! So don't doubt God. Actually, in chapter 10, we see Saul not doubting God's word. He acts upon what Saul said and trusts God to work it out. As we see, He was unashamed of God as He trusted God. Saul was looking for his livestock. He didn't go crazy and start stressing about the livestock and the "craziness" that Samuel spoke to Him. When he trusted God, everything worked out as promise.

It's time to be unashamed for Christ!!! Back to Romans 1:17, the just who are unashamed shall live by faith. That means we have to be for Christ. We have to trust Him and everything He says. Jesus knows what is in your reach and He knows when you need help. But, He wants you to access His power and ask Him for help. He wants you to trust Him!!! Don't add more stress to your life. Trust God!!!

Psalm 55:22-23 "Cast thy burden upon the Lord, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved. But thou, O God, shalt bring them down into the pit of destruction: bloody and deceitful men shall not live out half their days; but I will TRUST in thee."

Prayer: God, please help us to be more trusting and remind us that you have it under control. God, please touch my heart so I can be unashamed and be willing to ask for help. God, I am trusting You to take over and lead my life. I trust You God through it all. I trust You in the good and the bad. I trust You when I can't see the end or when I can't see a way out. You are awesome and I am giving it to You!!



God, through it all, I TRUST You!! It's not easy but I TRUST You!!



Stay blessed!!!
Salvation Sunday: Steven Gable

No comments:

Post a Comment