Friday, May 24, 2013

Fellowship Friday: God Will



In first Samuel chapter 7, the man of God speaks a principle from God:
3 “And Samuel spake unto all the house of Israel, saying, If ye do return unto the Lord withALL YOUR HEARTS, then put away the strange gods and Ashtaroth from among you, and prepare your hearts unto the Lord, and serve him only: and HE WILL deliver you out of the hand of the Philistines.”

God’s Principle
Return unto the lord with ALLYOUR HEART, serve him and HE WILL….

In the reading the people of Israel had drifted from God and were living in harsh times under the rule of the Philistines. Samuel speaks this Godly principle to them and this chapter confirmed its validity.
4 “Then the children of Israel did put away Baalim and Ashtaroth, and served the Lord only.
8 “And the children of Israel said to Samuel, Cease not to cry unto the Lord our God for us, that HE WILL save us out of the hand of the Philistines.”
10 “And as Samuel was offering up the burnt offering, the Philistines drew near to battle against Israel: but the Lord thundered with a great thunder on that day upon the Philistines, and discomfited them; and they were smitten before Israel.”
12 “Then Samuel took a stone, and set it between Mizpeh and Shen, and called the name of it Ebenezer, saying, Hitherto hath the Lord helped us.”
Israel cried unto God with this principle, and they learned that HE WILL help them when they serve him with ALL THEIR HEART.

This Godly principle is still viable today. I can speak of myself, 2012 I made the decision to return unto the lord and serve him with ALL MY HEART. I believed HE WILL help me create a better life. Sounds vague, because it was a vague prayer. I couldn’t articulate the meaning of better, except for anything better than my current state. 2012 I was walking to work, I had no transportation and no plans to excel despite my desire for more. Returning unto God and serving him with all my heart in 2012, I learned God HE WILL adhere to his word and principle. God helped me overcome the walking that lasted a year and helped resolve that issue. 2012 God restored a myriad of things in my life that steered me back to my former school. As the scripture also stated in Samuel, God restored cities that were taken back to Israel. God is a great God, so HE WILL do exceeding and abundantly more than we ask or think. My original prayer was based on transportation, but God saw and answered my true desire.
 
As a believer now serving God with all my heart, the challenge is now trusting in this principle. When you’re a believer you don’t have to return, but simply believe HE WILL. No matter what comes, we are living in God’s princilple and entitled to its benefits. As the righteous we know in lack of food, HE WILL supply. In lack of money we know HE WILL provide. In lack of clarity we know HE WILL lead.
To those whom don’t know God and desire to know him, this principle is in effect. When you seek him with all your heart, HE WILL allow you to find him and know him.
Jeremiah 29:13
“You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.”
 

No comments:

Post a Comment