Thursday, July 10, 2014

WEEKLY DEVOTION: Fire of Affliction

Behold , I have refined thee, but not with silver; I have chosen thee in the furnace of affliction. For mine own sake, even for mine own sake, will I do it: for how should my name be polluted? And I oill not give my glory unto another.

Isaiah 48:10-11

The furnace of affliction sounds like a terrible thing.

When I think of furnace these words come to my mind: fire, burn, death, fear, destruction, trial, tribulation, test

When I think of affliction these words come to my mind: disability, incomplete, infirmity, incapable, impossible, obstacle

Terrible right?

Not so!

This week in bible study I learned the furnace of affliction that God is talking about in this verse is the process in which God takes us through to bring us to our promise.

I remember I use to question the process and God so many times WHY? WHY?

However, God revealed to me this week that I shouldn't be questioning the process but I should be thanking God for it as well as keeping a good attitude while going through it.

WHY do you ask?

Because in the end God will bring us to our promise or destiny in life that God intended for us.

Oil refineries use furnaces to refine oil into useful products such as petroleum, gasoline,
 Kerosene, petrolum gas, asphalt base, and diesel fuel.

Like oil God refines us in the spiritual furnace of affliction. He takes us through certain things in life that he knows will help mold, shape, as well as prepare us for the purpose that God had for our lives.

Don't lose hope, God is with you. I encourage you to keep pursuing God, and the purpose for your life will be revealed for you even when you think your life isn't going anywhere.

Stay in God's Peace not in pieces,  love ya guys!! : )

HANNAH

No comments:

Post a Comment