Sunday, April 6, 2014

WEEKLY DEVOTIONAL: Your Eyes

Our purpose on Earth is to bring people to Christ. Jesus said, "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:" (Matthew 28:19) Sometimes, we lose sight of helping others out in the daily rush of life. I know for myself I am running from place to place doing this, that and the third. And then I miss out on helping someone or really looking to see what's happening. 

As wanting to be a teacher, I have always said I will be the one who is there for the students and always helping out. I am there for the students but sad to say there was a short time where I did not think about what is going on behind the closed doors. I just looked at some students as "problem" kids. But God caught me one day and convicted me. Someone even said to me, which was a reminder, about that they might be going through something. And it really got me. Sometimes we go through life and say one thing but don't follow through with it. 

We look at things as how they appear not by what they actually are. Our vision is through the outward appearance. That's why we are told to walk by FAITH and NOT BY SIGHT!! Our sight is not the best to go by. We think we see someone or we think we know something because of what we see. But, a lot of times we have NO IDEA what people are going through. Yea, someone may be annoying or someone might do something that erks your nerve. But, you don't know what they're going through. This one video blessed me because a lot of times we are so busy and we get frustrated. What would happen if we took it slow and prayed for people that got on our nerves? Or what if instead of going off on someone think about that they might have had a rough day or their situation is terrible compared to yours? Don't get me wrong, it's not easy!! To put away your flesh is not an easy thing. But this can be done through daily prayer and the continual relationship with God. 


What if we had God's eyes? There may be someone that you might be in contact with and they need Jesus. Or people may seem to be okay and on point with their life. But what if this person needs someone to show them love or that someone cares? If we had God's eyes or we were in tuned with God, we would be able to show the love of God. It's time to see things through God's eyes so we can be a blessing to others. 


I can encourage you to pray for anyone who gets on your nerves. Or if someone comes to mind, pray for them. You may not know what they're going through and they may need your prayers to help them through their struggles. 

Be blessed y'all and let's look through God's eyes!!!

Steven Gable
"Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity." (1 Timothy 4:12)

No comments:

Post a Comment