Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Weekly Devotional: Spiritual Nutrition

If you are like me than you enjoy eating I enjoy eating a variety of foods, but sweets have a special place in my heart. If I were to only eat sweets not only would my outer appearance change i.e. I would gain weight. My inner body would change as well I would be malnourished. Not providing my body with the nutrition it needs to function properly would lead to a decreased immune system and ultimately decay.


Similarly, our spirit needs to be fed. The Bible states “…Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that procedeeth out of the mouth of God.” Matthew 4:4 The word of God was given to us in the Bible. It is imperative for Christians to read the Bible daily to nourish our spirit just as we would eat food to nourish our bodies. Without the proper nutrition i.e. reading God’s word our spirit can not function properly and becomes weak.

When reading my Bible on a consistent basis I feel strong. The Bible always provides me with exactly what I need to make it through every situation. Unfortunately, when I go through periods when I am not reading the Bible consistently I sometimes feel as though God is far away or doubt creeps in.

Reading the Bible always me to build my relationship with God and strengthens by spirit. This week set goals to read your Bible on a consistent basis and see how strong you become!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment