Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Warrior Wednesdays: Count It All Joy


Going through my walk with God has been an interesting experience. Lately, I have been going through trials and not understanding why certain situations were happening. I searched various scriptures to help encourage me. Although, I felt encouraged when reading them I was also perplexed. Enduring these trials I now understand the meaning behind these scriptures.

“My bretheren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; knowing this that the trying of your faith worketh patience. But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire wanting nothing.” James 1:2-4

When reading these verses, I could not understand why anyone would be joyful when falling into “divers temptations” or when going through a rough situation. However, I now realize that going through struggles has led me closer to God. I have learned to trust him and to hide in the shelter of the ALMIGHTY! He has given me peace in the storm. I have learned that the struggle is a part of the process and the end of the process makes me a wiser person.

I have begun to rejoice in struggles because I know my help is coming. I believe God has something great in store for me.  I would not trade the experience because it has matured me as a Christian and has led me closer to God.

My example of trusting God:

In January 2013, I was working for a company and was offered a job by one of my clients. The opportunity was tremendous. The company was going to create a position for me, I would be able to work from home and go into the office when I wanted. The transition would have been easy as I already knew the business and knew everyone in the company. My client did not want to steal me away from my job and when it became clear that my General Manager would not let me go my client backed off and I was no longer offered the position.  At first I could not understand why this wonderful opportunity had fallen through although, it did not work out I continued to trust in God. In April my client’s company who offered me a job sold themselves with the idea that they would be managing another company. The company they thought they would manage became in charge over them and began to manage them. By July only 3 people remained with the company the rest had been laid off or found another job. By not giving me that job God was protecting me. Had I taken the position in January I would have been forced to find a new job or fired 7 months later. God being all knowing kept me from that although I had no idea what was to come. This past year has been a tremendous journey. I have been hit by many trials, but I know God will bring me through. If you are going through any trial trust God! When situations do not work how you think they should there is always a reason. God has a plan!

 

Stay Blessed and Continue Warring for Christ!

Warrior Wednesday: Brittney

No comments:

Post a Comment