Saturday, November 16, 2013

Saturday Sacrifice: DON'T BE A SCROOGE!!


Our lives are nothing but a faint breeze that is here one minute and is gone the next.

I always tell myself to live purposefully every day.

What I mean is living my life God conscious; living a life that spreads God’s love, and grace to those who don’t know him yet.

It could be simply talking to an individual about Jesus, or just showing God’s love.

Why do I try to do this every day?

Tomorrow is not promised to any one of us.

“Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes.”~James 4 NIV

 I don’t want to leave this world, and not have affected anyone for Christ. To me it would be a waste of my life; honestly, if that happened I would have lived a selfish life almost like Mr. Scrooge.

You guys know the story lol. Mr. Scrooge was the meanest and stingiest man in town. No one loved or even liked him. Even though he had everything in the world, his life was empty. He had no purpose for living until he found one. His purpose was to give in all of his abundance to those who were without like Tiny Tim, the crippled boy. Like Mr. Scrooge, we have an abundance of blessings. I’m not speaking only of financial abundance, but we have an abundance of joy, love, peace, grace, and hope because of our Lord Jesus Christ.

We need to stop being stingy and share our abundance with others so that they will have the same. We need to live our life purposefully; we need to be God conscious.

When you live your life God conscious I believe that he will use your gifts and talents for his glory and take you places you never been before so you can affect the lost and hurting people you come into contact with.

Like right now as I’m writing this blog I’m thinking of other ways I can use my talents outside the church walls to reach people who don’t have hope.

Yes, I can witness to people by holding conversations about Jesus. But, I want to use more than my mouth as an instrument for God’s glory.

I want to use my entire being.

God has given me, you, all of us different abilities to use for him. He has given us abilities, skills, and talents that can affect this crippled world.

“Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. 8 Come near to God and he will come near to you…Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up.”~James 4 NIV

Saturday Sacrifice: Hannah
Stay in God’s Peace, not in pieces=)

No comments:

Post a Comment