Friday, November 15, 2013

Friday Fellowship: God Responds and Did Respond to our Faith


God Responds and Did Respond to our Faith

James 2:22, 24
22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?
24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

In the past these verses confused me, but I understand now. Perfect faith causes action and a different mentality. As the bible says you need both faith and works, because how can one say they believe yet ones actions don’t match. Almost, like a couple that becomes pregnant, and continues to live as if they’re not pregnant. I’m only assuming because I have no idea, but I assume you’d prepare for the child.

A great example of faith would be my younger sister whom I call “Law Dog” (from movie Tomb Stone). When she was hired to her job, she began professing her faith in God telling people it was only a temporary job. A month would pass and my sister would repeat the same thing, this is temporary. Close to a year passed by and my sister found herself interviewing for a job that fit her desired criteria. As she was waiting for the response she still expressed her faith, now considered a joke to some co-workers, but she’d say “I’m here temporarily”. My sister called me the day she interviewed and excitedly told me how well it went. Somewhere in that conversation I got confused, because I said in response to her exuberance “Let’s celebrate”. Then she said to me “O I didn’t get it yet”. I laughed as her faith was inspirational. Then I gathered some friends sharing with them her faith via texts inviting them to pre-celebrate with us for the job she’ll receive.  She received that job days later.

 

2 Corinthians 4:13
13 We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak;

No comments:

Post a Comment