Saturday, November 9, 2013

Saturday Sacrifice: Dissappointments are not what you thing they are=)


Do any of the worthless idols of the nations bring rain? Do the skies themselves send down showers?
No, it is you, Lord our God.
    Therefore our hope is in you,
    for you are the one who does all this.

“Our hope is in you, for you are the one who does all this”.

So, this week I had an interview.

The funny thing about this interview is I got this interview from a closed door.

What do you mean Hannah???

I know it sounds funny, let me explain.

So, before this interview I had another interview at the same place, same time =). However, it was a different position.

I was so hyped for this position!!!!^_^ Like super hyped!!!^_^

Not only was the position paying the money I wanted and some. But, it was also in NYC =)(for ppl who grew up in the suburbs you know what I mean) and the position was in a great facility!

So, the interview went well. Honestly better than I expected. I said all the right things and asked all the right questions.

It seemed like the loved me, and would consider me a valuable asset to have on their team.

On my way home from the interview I was sitting on top of the world. Nothing could bring me down.

Untill, a couple of days later when I received a call back from my potential employers.

You could imagine how happy I was when I saw their number on my phone.

I had thoughts going through my mind like this:

I GOT IT! I GOT IT! THANK YOU JESUS!

Wait…would they call me to say I didn’t get the job….NOOOOOO that would be cruel lol I got this!^_^

So, when I picked up the phone my mood suddenly changed from happy-go-lucky to down-n-out.

I didn’t get it.

It took everything in me to talk to that man without an emotional voice.

I was sooooo mad.

I was soooo sad.

I was soooo disappointed.

Then all of sudden questions like why God? Began to come into my mind.

And just as soon as those questions began to flood my mind, the man says:

I’m going to send you resume to another department in the same hospital for another position.

Now this position is everything I wanted my first job to be. When I mean everything, I mean everything.

But of course I was trying to pay attention but my mind was so focused on them denying me the first position that I wasn’t really listening.

Long story short, the first interview opened the door to my second interview =).

This picture bellow sums up my point. I hope it encourages you.



Saturday Sacrifice:Hannah
Stay in God’s Peace, not in pieces=)

No comments:

Post a Comment