Friday, November 8, 2013

Friday Fellowship: The Hopeless, The Forgotten, The Suicidal, The Lonely


The Hopeless, The Forgotten, The Suicidal, The Lonely

Psalm 124
124 If it had not been the Lord who was on our side, now may Israel say;
If it had not been the Lord who was on our side, when men rose up against us:

There are so many stories about the triumphant individual whom finds inner will or strength to rise above their obstacles. What about those whom don't rise? There are those whom sink into deadly addictions, those whom commit suicide at young ages and those whom are so purposeless they get trapped into a lifestyle they wish to escape.

To those I am a witness that there is a God, whom can take you out from that dark place into places you desire. One of my favorite scriptures refers to when God reminded his people that his arm has not shortened that he can’t reach them. There is absolutely no state that a person is in that God can’t reach to turnaround their life. My story on God saving me is purely about God and nothing for me to glory in.

Within me I had no power to rise from hopelessness. Hopelessness was my life, but in that place I heard God’s voice that breathed hope in me. God put a desire in me to read his word. This with praying was my only activities. God was sharpening my ears to hear him. Constantly in my darkest hours, God would tell me of the blessings and great things ahead if I just follow him. In that place of hopelessness I fell in love with God. I have a great family, yet none could motivate or encourage me out of my hopeless state. I understand from that experience that God’s love transcends all.

God knows our ins, our outs, our lows our highs, what makes us extremely upset or mad, our faults and deepest feelings. God pulled me out of hopelessness by speaking to every hopeless thought, every hopeless feeling and then after showed me his way which is full of promises. If it had not been for the Lord, I would’ve never risen from hopelessness.

Psalms 34:6
This poor man cried, and the Lord heard him, and saved him out of all his troubles.

No comments:

Post a Comment