Friday, October 18, 2013

Friday Fellowship: Whoever the Opponent, We Always Win


Whoever the Opponent, We Always Win

Revelation 18:18
 And after these things I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was lightened with his glory

I’m reminded from this scripture, my constant request to see an angel. I heard stories of them and would love to see one. I have seen some evil spirits.

    I was up early one morning praying and reading the bible because I couldn’t seem to sleep. I was taught by elders in my church, that whenever you wake up with energy at early times in the morning, it is God. So I been taught that when this happens to read the bible and pray because God wants to spend time with you.
               
 Finally after a few hours of reading, I became tired and I shut the lights off to rest a short while before preparing for work.   I was lying down in my bed, with the lights off and both my arms crossed over my chest.

Minutes later by dream, vision, I don’t know, I saw two completely dark figures in the form of men. Both completely dark figures were standing on my bed side, constraining my arms on my chest. Boldly and defiantly I began shouting “Get off me in JESUS NAME!!” After, ten seconds of shouting “JESUS!” my arms were freed and I raised my hands in the air.

Then I awoke or snapped out because my arms were still across my chest when seconds ago I had them raised. Wondering what all just happened (I was a lil shook), I asked God. He revealed to me they were the spirits of pride and fear. Pride was restraining my prayer, praise and worship in church because I cared so much about my image. I didn’t want to be seen in a certain way. This pride caused a fear in me, especially when I was amongst my peers. Fear of being judged by peers, fear of appearing too radical or crazy and fearing of appearing to be a broken person.

Through the name of Jesus, there in nothing seen or unseen that can restrain us. Whenever fear tries to return and shut my praise down, it’s the name of Jesus I call on that allows victory. Whatever we face or trouble us, use that power, and call on his name. Your Victory Is Certain!

           
Phillipians 2:10
That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
Luke 10:17
And the seventy returned again with joy, saying, Lord, even the devils are subject unto us through thy name
Luke 10:19
Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

No comments:

Post a Comment