Friday, September 27, 2013

Friday Fellowship: There is Power in You


There is Power in You
1 John5:4
 For everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith.
To be born again is a process.
1.       Repentance- death to sinful ways and turning to God.
2.       Baptism-Burial of sins in the blood of Jesus, forever cleansing our sins.
3.       Resurrection-Receiving God’s gift of Holy Spirit, born again in spirit, becoming a new creature.

This Holy Spirit is evident in a born again believers life through evidence of speaking in tongues.  Speaking in tongues is a holy language of the spirit. Too those whom have not heard it, the bible says it is a sign to those whom don’t believe. However, reared in the church and having the spirit, at one point I didn’t believe. Hearing people pray in the Holy Spirit or tongues always created doubts in me. I received the Holy Spirit as a kid, so I didn’t understand really what was inside me. At times I prayed in Holy Spirit, but wandered if I was copying someone or imagining.

What changed? In college when things weren’t working out and departure was soon to be my decision; I turned to this mysterious thing inside me. I knew there was a God, and so I told myself maybe this Holy Spirit could help me because it has to do something. Months at school, I’d pray in other tongues. Believing whatever it was and was saying had to make a difference in my life. Months passed by and my situation did not get any better, as I left school.

 Although, during that time I learned what the Holy Spirit can do for you. My final months at school, my mind was tormented with negativity and hopelessness. It was an everyday struggle to smile, because I knew at the end of the semester my college career was over. Successful throughout most of my life, handling failure wasn’t within me. Stressed to the point of physical side effects, it was the Holy Spirit which took me off this downward spiral. The Holy Spirit gave me rest. My worrying was constant, but after praying in the Holy Spirit, the worrying stopped. I learned that the Holy Spirit releases peace in your life.

 Soon after, I began to read his word with praying in the spirit and God opened my ears. At that point in my life I didn’t read the bible, only maybe occasionally Psalms or Proverbs. Venturing off, God led me to another book in the bible. After finishing the read, I broke down in tears as my ears were open to God. I knew exactly what God wanted me to know. He wanted me to know, that He (God) has many ways to save. My dreams had shattered with this failure and I couldn’t see myself surviving the chapters in life that presumably would come. So presently, arriving at Montclair each week is a constant reminder that this Holy Spirit inside me makes a difference in my life. Know what’s inside you! It is a power to OVERCOME and a power to CHANGE YOUR SITUATION.

John 14:26
26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you
1 Corinthians 2:10-12
10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.
12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment