Tuesday, August 20, 2013

TRANSFORMING TUESDAY: Lord You Are So Worthy Of All The Praise

Do you know of someone who is worthy of all of your love and affection? Do you know someone who is worthy of your time? Our Warrior Wednesday and Thirsty Thursday bloggers recently got engaged (I can't wait to get my bridesmaid dress!!!) and I'm sure Ron felt that Brittney was worthy of a ring/to spend the rest of her life with him or else he wouldn't have proposed to her right? My question today is, what are you entertaining in your life? Is everything that takes up time in your life, worthy of your attention? 

Webster's Dictionary defines "WORTHY," an adjective, as: (1) having worth or value (2) having sufficient worth or importance; deserving, good, meritorious. Who would you describe as someone who is worthy in your life? I know for me, my mother and father worthy of my love and respect. My sisters are also worthy of my love and respect. My family and friends are worthy of my loyalty. And the individuals who follow this blog (ALL of YOU) are worthy of my time and dedication. So what do we show these people that they are worthy?

The one who is worthy of everything that we have to offer is God. He died for our sins and because of him, we live. I sin, yet God believes that I am worthy enough to be forgiven. There are times when I say I love God but my actions do not align, yet he believes that I am worthy enough to still be blessed. I will probably never understand just how much God truly loves me, but I can assure you that he will forever be worthy of ALL OF MY PRAISE. I say this because of all of the blessings and miracles he has performed in my life. I wish I could name them all but I know I'd miss too many. 

1 Chronicles 16 shows us just how we can show people that they are worthy of our love, affection, time, thoughts, and praise. David told Asaph and the rest of the people when he preached before the ark, to give praise to God --showing God he's worthy. So how do we show God that he's worthy of all of the praise:


  • Proclaim his name
    • Never hesitate to tell the world how worthy God is of the glory. Whenever something great happens in our lives, we're always telling everyone. What about telling people how good God has been to you. We pick and choose what we want to tell so let's make sure telling the world about our God as our #1 choice
  • Sing to him
    • There's an old song  that says when the praises go up, the glory comes down
  • Tell everyone of the miracles he has performed in your life
    • Testimonies are often what connects non-believers to God
  • Remember the miracles he has performed in your life
    • Remember what God has brought you through, to trust in what he will bring you to
  • Trusting in God's promises that he has bestowed upon your life
    • All you need is faith the size of a mustard seed
  • Proclaim his salvation
    • Everyone deserves to be saved. Are you doing your part to get God's name out there?
  • Fear God -- ONLY God
    • When God is on your side, the battle is already one
  • Give an offering
    • The Bible tells us to give 10% of our income to tithes. Even when we do, God multiplies that 10 fold; It's called a sacrifice
  • Give thanks
    • Sometimes you have to thank God for what he done, what he is doing, and what is going to do
  • Go to him when you're in need
    • The Bible tells us to cast our cares upon the Lord. Worthy is not having faith and worry is the farthest thing from having peace. You either worry or you give it to God. Pick one.
CeCe Winans - "Worthy"

Even when I am not worthy, God is still worthy. He has allowed me to receive an education although my parents cannot afford it--LORD YOU ARE SO WORTHY OF ALL OF THE PRAISE. He has also blessed me with an amazing family who love and support me--LORD YOU ARE SO WORTHY OF ALL OF THE PRAISE. He has protected me from my enemies and has removed people from my life who serve no purpose--LORD YOU ARE SO WORTHY OF ALL OF THE PRAISE. He constantly surrounds me with love through the people he has placed in my life-- LORD YOU ARE SO WORTHY OF ALL OF THE PRAISE. I have amazing friends who always find a way to inspire me--LORD YOU ARE SO WORTHY OF ALL OF THE PRAISE. I have friends who are seeking after Christ--LORD YOU ARE SO WORTHY OF ALL OF THE PRAISEI want or need for nothing--LORD YOU ARE SO WORTHY OF ALL OF THE PRAISE. I am healthy and full of life--LORD YOU ARE SO WORTHY OF ALL OF THE PRAISE. Regardless of my sins I know that my God loves and adores me, and for that, LORD YOU ARE SO WORTHY OF ALL OF THE PRAISE.


TODAY'S CHALLENGE: I challenge you to find ways throughout the day to show God that he is worthy of all of the praise. Even if you're day is going terrible, the fact that you're alive shows that God is worthy of all of the praise. You hate your job? You still have one so God is worthy of all of the praise. Also, make sure that what you truly value in life aligns with what you find most worthy/valuable. That means that if God is what you value most, then that is who should get most of your time throughout the day. Everyday that you wake and every breath that you take is a chance to tell God: LORD YOU ARE SO WORTHY OF ALL OF THE PRAISE.

Here is a video that I saw on Facebook last week and shared with friends that has touched my heart. Although it's titled "Grace" it is just another reason(s) why God is worthy of all of the praise and honor in our lives. Once again, even when we are not worthy of what God has for us, God is still worthy of all of our praise!!! I am eternally thankful.


IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO TRANSFORM YOUR TUESDAY :)
TRANSFORMING TUESDAY: JAMERA

1 comment:

  1. Amen Jamera!! Always have a grateful heart!!! And love the video!!! Truth status right there.

    ReplyDelete