Sunday, August 11, 2013

Salvation Sunday: If He Did It Before......

In 1 Chronicles 1 & 2, we see the lineage of different people leading up to a certain point. This is something important because the later generations can see the history and what God has done for them. With us, we need to remember a couple things as we go through this journey.

As Christians, we should ALWAYS remember what God has brought us through. I know that if I don't remind myself of what God has done for me in the hard times, I would have prob stopped living for God. And that is the honest truth for myself. Life can be rough and sometimes the easiest road, which is normally against God, is extremely tempting to follow. For example, when I went through my time of depression, I could've ended the battles in my head by killing myself. Or when I was told that I would have to repeat student teaching, I was tossed between graduating without the education major. But, I couldn't do any of those things because that was not God's will. Luckily, God sent people my way to remind me of the path and goal. When you are in this fight, you have to remember what God brought you from. When doubt comes in your mind, remember those times where God healed or delivered you or someone close to you. Remember that if He did it before, He can do it again. 



In addition, you have to remind yourself of your future. Remind yourself of the goal and what God has promised you. It's funny that Christian talked about truth being the hope and that Hannah talked a little bit about writing the vision. When God gives you a word or a promise, you have to write it down as God gave it you. Don't change it. Keep it the same so you can remember EXACTLY what He said.

Abraham remembered the promise from God for at least 40-50 years. David remembered where God brought Him from, which fueled his faith to complete his task. Now there are tons of examples that used these same principles. Therefore, we also need to make sure we remember where God has brought us from and where He promised to bring to you to.

My prayer: Jesus thank You for Your love. Thank You for saving us. Lord, please continue to remind us of the previous victories that You have taken care of us. I pray that we never lose sight of the vision and what You did on the cross for us. In Jesus name, Amen!!

Remember that Christ died and rose again in 3 days. He has won the victory and He actually won it for you. This is an awesome song. You will have to start at about 1:30 to start hearing the song. 


Lyrics:

Hallelujah!
You have won the victory
Hallelujah!
You have won it all for me

Death could not hold You down
You are the Risen King
Seated in majesty
You are the Risen King


Stay blessed!!!


Salvation Sunday: Steven Gable

2 Chronicles 6:41 "Now therefore arise, O LORD God, into thy resting place, thou, and the ark of thy strength: let thy priests, O LORD God, be clothed with salvation, and let thy saints rejoice in goodness."

No comments:

Post a Comment