Monday, August 12, 2013

Merciful Monday: Stand Strong In Truth


I have come to find that I feel the strongest and most powerful when I know that I have done something the right way and done in well. It feels amazing! Like when I was taking swimming lessons in 4th grade, I was learning how to dive into the deep end. After several failed attempts, belly flops, etc., I gave it one last attempt. Finally, right before giving up, I felt myself glide into the pool smoothly and I smiled underwater because I knew I had finally dived in perfectly! Everything about it felt right.

There is a similar feeling when we do things right in Christ. A lot of times we try doing the same things over and over with many failed attempts. We try lying, fornicating, stealing, manipulating, etc. over and over again until we get tired of it (even when many of us know the Bible has all the answers we need to live a fulfilling life). While they can be fun, now that my mindset has changed, I no longer see the value in my failed attempts. I’ve found that doing things the right way IS the most filling. I’m able to sleep peacefully at night, without haunting feelings of guilt or loneliness. Although we all have our bad days, I STAND IN TRUTH, knowing that at the end of the day God is there and what we do for Him is what matters most.


2 Corinthians 13:8-9 says, “For we cannot oppose the truth, but must always stand for the truth. We are glad to seem weak if it helps show that you are actually strong. We pray that you will become mature.” To me, this means that no matter how we run from it, we cannot oppose God’s truth. A mature person that really understands God’s truth knows that when we are weak, we are actually strong in God, because if we lean on his truth, it cannot fail us.


Today’s Prayer: Dear God, I thank you today for providing us with your word, which is an opportunity to understand your faultless truth. I ask that you reveal your truth to those who need it because we know that we cannot oppose it, and provide a deeper understanding of your truth to those of us that need it. Also, ask that you give each and every one of us strength to do things right and stand in Your truth even when we feel weary. In Jesus’ Name, amen.

Merciful Mondays: Jael
For the Lord your God is a merciful God; he will not abandon you or destroy you or forget the solemn covenant he made with your ancestors.” Deuteronomy 4:31

No comments:

Post a Comment