Friday, August 23, 2013

Friday Fellowship: I know it’s the Wrong Choice



 I know this is wrong, God will forgive me though. Most of us have said this in our lives and in our journey with God.  The book of Chronicles chapter 21, we find King David, whom does the same thing.

Then David said to God, “I have sinned greatly by doing this. Now, I beg you, take away the guilt of your servant. I have done a very foolish thing.”

Sometimes we sin knowingly. It is important as David did in this chapter to return in repentance and realize how foolish it was. How foolish is it?

                Recently, I had sinned knowingly. I made a wrong choice and said “He won’t mind, God is merciful. I been faithful for most of the year and I can take a break.” Then I thought about the many things God has done for me in just 2013. Foolish! That was extremely foolish of me because SIN SEPERATES US FROM GOD. This year of 2013 I’ve made many choices to follow God which led to my new direction and great year I been having. God’s love and hand in my life is the reason I seek to make choices that please God. Believers learn to make the right choices from the bible, along with our pastors and our own relationship with God.
                Living for God will lead you to a life of abundance.

John 10:10
10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

Whatever your life is now, it cannot compare to what your life would be if you made the choice to live for God. God can only add more to your life, which explains his offering of abundant life. God is promising anyone who will make that choice to serve him that his plan for their life will go beyond their plans. When you make God’s choices in your life, you will notice the significant differences. God not only grants our hearts desires, but also leads us to peace, joy and righteousness.

Many people seem hopeless today because of random killings, job market, college payments, high divorce rate and because time seems short. God calls these days “the last days”. The bible predicted in “the last days” hopelessness would settle in the earth. In the midst of a hopeless world is a God of hope calling people to make the choice to serve him, and when you do he will provide you a life of abundance.

Joshua 24:15
15 And if it seem evil unto you to serve the Lord, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.
Psalms 37:4
Delight thyself also in the Lord: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment