Friday, August 30, 2013

Friday Fellowship: God Knows Best


GOD KNOWS BEST
The book of Malachi shows priests that have shown God no honor or respect. Reading this chapter reminded me that GOD KNOWS BEST, because he is God.
Jeremiah 29:11
 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Since I gave my heart to God, I noticed a consistent theme in my life. That theme is GOD KNOWS BEST. I can recall a time that I wanted to treat this pretty young lady. I had planned something extravagant, fit for a Queen, but there was a change in her plans. Of course, I was upset because my plans were extravagant. After, that day we hung out, I checked my bank account to realize multiple errors in my budget. I must have been sleep budgeting because had I been awake, I should’ve changed the plans (lol).  GOD KNEW BEST.

This year, I return to Montclair since a layoff of four years. Before I returned, I was advised by a Montclair official that I couldn’t return without proving I could succeed. So I went to county college. After I finished county college, I called back to Montclair to inquire about my readmission status. I soon learned all my efforts were unnecessary.  All I had to do was state, “I’m returning this year” and I would’ve been readmitted. This made me mad, as I thought about the money and time spent.  Then I remembered, I needed that refresher and kept repeating to myself (smiling) GOD KNEW BEST.
I WILL NEVER SAY LIVING FOR GOD IS EASY, BUT I WILL SAY IT’S WORTH IT. TO BE YOUR BEST YOU HAVE TO KNOW THE ONE WHO KNOWS BEST.
My errors or poor decisions since giving my heart to God have been God’s corrections or provisions and I have benefitted tremendously.
.
Isaiah 55
For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.
For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.
Proverbs 3
Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

No comments:

Post a Comment