Friday, August 2, 2013

Friday Fellowship: God Comforted Me and He Will Comfort You


God Comforted Me and He Will Comfort You

Blessed is the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort,
who comforts us in all our troubles so that we may be able to comfort those experiencing any trouble with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.

When facing troubles in our lives and afflictions, we all search for a comfort to ease the pain. These verses tell us there is a comfort you can receive from God. At times it can be tough to seek comfort from God because all other comforts such as: food, alcohol, video games, relationships, stuffed animals, drugs, TV, social networks, cell phone, exercise and this list could be endless seem to be more tangible or accessible.

How can you receive comfort from a God that isn’t tangible?

1.      First, you ask God to comfort you.
2.       Then believe your comfort will come.

This is simply called FAITH. It is tough to receive God’s comfort and believe without knowing his word. The reason God’s people can believe he will comfort them because they know his WORD such as:
John 14:18
18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

Most people feel God doesn’t know where they are during their troubles, but the book of Kings refutes that.
2 kings 14
26 For the Lord saw the affliction of Israel, that it was very bitter: for there was not any shut up, nor any left, nor any helper for Israel.
God knows when we need comfort; will we ask him for his comfort? Or will we seek our own comforts?
I know during a troubled time in my life, it seemed as if I could not find any comfort in anything. I was unemployed and just without any pleasures to comfort me. I began to pray asking God, When will it end? When will it end? When will it end? God comfort me. Comfort me.”

Then after this short prayer, my prayer changed, “God your awesome, God you’re great, nothing else matters. Nothing else matters. Thank you God.” At that moment I didn’t make a decision to change my words, but the feeling I felt caused me to say those things. I can’t describe what came over me. It felt like a heavy burden had been lifted off me, I felt a renewed hope in life and a joy that caused me to smile for the remainder of the night. I was in God’s presence and I finally felt comforted.

The times in my life when I have said “Nothing else matters”, has only been in God’s presence. The fact is that in my life these things have great value, but when I get before the Creator, the King of Kings, Lord of All and the only true God these things lose all value. Remember in Heaven all of these things don’t matter. This is when you know you are in God’s presence, earthly wisdom and things become meaningless. God will give you these things, follow him.

Phillipians 4:7
And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
Psalms 16:11
You will show me the path of life; In Your presence is fullness of joy; At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore.
Matthew 6:33
But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.


No comments:

Post a Comment