Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Thirsty Thursdays: Temptation

Temptation is something that is enticing or alluring. It is the attraction or strong appeal to something desirable that is often regarded as unwise, wrong or immoral. We all have different vices so our temptations may be different as well. One thing for sure though, is with God we can stand up to, fight and overcome any temptation that may come our way.

To many, money is very enticing and alluring. They will do just about anything for a buck.  In Micah 3 we see that even leaders and prophets in Israel gave into temptation and were corrupted for the love of money. “11 Her leaders judge for a bribe, her priest teach for a price, and her prophets tell fortunes for money…” Because of their strong appeal and attraction to money they took bribes, taught for a price and told fortunes to obtain money even though they knew it was wrong and immoral.

We all have different things that we find enticing or alluring. For me food is one of those things. Simply put I LOVE FOOD, all sorts of food from all sorts of places. True Life: I am a Cereal Killer, I love it I can eat it all day everyday. I love breakfast food, I love lunch food, dinner food, dessert food, midnight snack food, I had a long day so time to relax food, its cold outside so let me stay in and eat food. Moral of the story I enjoy food and the devil knows this, it's no secret. Which is why on a day like today when my peers and I are fasting, there just so happens to be a Tenant Appreciation Day BBQ. Burgers, hotdogs, bbq chicken potato salad, etc. all FREE!!!! Talk about Temptation. Ron in the flesh would not be able to turn down such delights but luckily “8 I am filled with power, with the Spirit of the Lord, with justice and might…” Micah 3:8.

With the Lord’s spirit giving me power and might, I was able to resist all of the free food and continue to fast. I was able to stand up, fight and overcome the temptation of eating although food was all around me, and everyone was stuffing their face. To some this may seem miniscule; to others it may be monumental, to each his or her own. Every victory whether big or small strengthens you and continues to help you grow. Each situation in which you find yourself tempted, each battle you face know that you are filled with power and might through the spirit of the Lord. Build a strong foundation through studying the word and praying. Gain wisdom and knowledge and communicate with God building a personal relationship. Have a strong support group, friends/family who like you are striving to live righteously, “Iron sharpens Iron”. Put on “Gods Armor”. I was able to get a head start on the day with 5am prayer, it set me off on the right foot. (The Prayer line is available Mon-Weds-Fri @ 5am and 12pm, if you have any prayer request, need some extra strength for the day etc feel free to call 424-203-8000 passcode 748242). As Transforming Tuesday’s very own Jamera would say, “Don’t let the devil use you”. He will attempt to exploit your weakness; don’t give in to the temptation. “Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes” Ephesians 6:10-11. 


Stay Thirsty My Friends

Thirsty Thursdays

No comments:

Post a Comment