Saturday, June 29, 2013

Saturday Sacrifice: Will you Marry Me?????





“What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.”
I’m sure everyone once in their life has heard this verse said at a wedding.
But, why at a wedding is this verse so popularly read?
For the reason that the wedding is a demonstration of the covenant that a man and woman makes when they vow to love, serve, and commit to each other for a lifetime.
God established this covenant or as we call it “marriage” between a man and woman. He created this.
I believe in addition to the many other reasons why God established this wonderful thing, God has also established this for us as an example as to how we have a covenant or “marriage” to him.
In today’s reading God used Hosea as an example of how he loves his people, the Israelites even though they chose to turn to false gods.
God said, “Go, show your love to your wife again, though she is loved by another man and is an adulteress. Love her as the Lord loves the Israelites, though they turn to other gods and love the sacred raisin cakes.”
Even when we fail to maintain our covenant or “marriage” with God, he still loves and continues to chase us!!!=)
He also continues to shower us with blessings that we don’t even deserve. Do you know why?? Because he loves us soooooo much, and wants us to realize that no one can love us, love you like He can…no one.
“So I bought her for fifteen shekels[a] of silver and about a homer and a lethek[b] of barley. Then I told her, “You are to live with me many days; you must not be a prostitute or be intimate with any man, and I will behave the same way toward you.”
For the Israelites will live many days without king or prince, without sacrifice or sacred stones, without ephod or household gods. Afterward the Israelites will return and seek the Lord their God and David their king. They will come trembling to the Lord and to his blessings in the last days.”
 
To me being a Christian is having you own personal relationship or covenant with God. Just like any other relationship it requires love, trust, communication, service, and commitment etc.
 
And just like any other relationship it grows. However, if we are not doing our part it halts the growth of the relationship. “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.”~ Matthew 22:37
God is chasing us, but are we running to him?? Our God is a good God. He doesn’t force his love on anyone.
 
 
35 Then Jesus declared, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty… All those the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away. 38 For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me. 39 And this is the will of him who sent me,that I shall lose none of all those he has given me, but raise them up at the last day. 40 For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”~ John 6:35,37-40
 
So, continue to develop your personal relationship with God. It is a beautiful thing. If you do not have one, I pray you choose to do so today, it’s never too late =). God is soooooo good, and his love is soooo amazing. Jesus is the perfect one to be in a relationship with. He provides everything you lack, and gives you more than you can ever imagine. He is your peace, your joy, your hope, your provider, your comfort, your confidence, and your everything.
 
We love because he first loved us.~ I John 4:19

I thought this was funny lol...check it out!!

 
 
 
Stay is God’s Peace, not in pieces =)
Saturday Sacrifice:Hannah
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment