Friday, June 28, 2013

Friday Fellowship: Can God?

Can God?

This is a common question to the unknowledgeable or nonbeliever. “Can God” is also a question to a believer, but since they believe it is known as doubt. Can God do this? Can God do that?
Mark 9, we see people are questioning “Can God heal a man’s son?” The disciples, the followers of Jesus were with these people doubting the ability of God. Since we’re all human we will all battle the questions of “Can God”. The important thing to do when battling these “Can God” questions are to correct them by staying connected to God, seeking God and reading God’s word. As long as this question remains unanswered, you are forfeiting THE INTERVENTION OF GOD in your desire.

22 And ofttimes it hath cast him into the fire, and into the waters, to destroy him: but if thou canst do any thing, have compassion on us, and help us.
23 Jesus said unto him, If thou canst BELIEVE, all things are possible to him that believeth.
24 And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief.

If you ask “Can God” this is the best indicator that it is time to seek God through his word, prayer, fasting and however you can to correct your doubt or lack of knowledge.
           
In 2010 I worked 2nd shift and I desired a new job with earlier hours. Two years later, I’m still searching, but that year of 2012 my car broke down. Without a car I began doubting “Can God” bless me with a job? I have no transport; I’m restricted to certain places.

Finally, through seeking God I received faith. My new thoughts and prayer said “GOD YOU CAN” bless me with a job anywhere. If it is far, you will provide a ride or if it is not far, then I will walk and “GOD YOU CAN” provide strength to endure.”

Months later God answered my prayers by first opening up my prideful and stubborn eyes. I prayed for any job except my current one, more pay and for new hours. At this time my job for months had been attempting to replace my new supervisor. They found the replacement, but the transition never occurred for unknown reasons to me.

Through the word of God and praying God revealed to me those reasons. God held the job for me, this was the reason it couldn’t be filled. God was fixing my pride and stubbornness. After, humbling myself to God’s will, I accepted his answer to my prayer and I applied for the job. I spoke to the supervisor which was leaving and they filled me with many reasons to doubt. Clearly my supervisor was annoyed exclaiming my late interest in the position put me at a disadvantage and that I originally turned down the job. Also, informing me that technically the position had been filled for months, but for some disclosed reasons the transition could not occur. Right at that moment I had a choice, TRUST GOD or question CAN GOD? I chose to trust God and instead of questioning CAN GOD, I said “GOD YOU CAN” and God did as I received that job.
           
          I am not at the job that I desire, so my search continues, but I learned in prayer to say “GOD CAN!!!” and not CAN GOD?” He did it once, so I know he can twice. This is a verse I love when facing extreme odds and to help you say “GOD YOU CAN”.

1 Corinthians 2: 5
“That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.”

God Can!  God Can!  God Can! God Can! God Can!

No comments:

Post a Comment