Thursday, May 16, 2013

Thirsty Thursdays: Footprints...

Have you ever felt like God where are you? Or God where were you? Wondered why he hasn’t shown up yet or if he will even show up at all? When situations get tough and push comes to shove continue to rely on the Lord. Many of us heard the acronym P.U.S.H. (Pray Until Something Happens), it is truly something we need to apply to our lives. God has always, is always, and will always be there for us, sometimes we don’t even realize. Continue to seek him out.

In Judges chapter 20 the children of Israel go into battle against the children of Benjamin. On the first day of battle they got slaughtered, the children of Benjamin killed 22,000 Israelites. They retreated back and cried to God seeking help. The second day of battle did not get much better for the Iraelites, 18,000 men killed. Again the children of Israel sought God out, wept, fasted, and provided burnt offerings as well as peace offerings. Through out this whole time they could have been wondering God where are you, we need your help? They could have gave in and gave up, but instead they continued to seek him. On the third day of battle God delivered the Benjamins into their hands and they defeated them.

Reading this chapter reminded me of a poem I really like its called “Footprints in the Sand”. It’s a reminder that God is always there for us, even when it may not seem like it.

One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord
Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky
In each scene noticed footprints in the sand
Sometimes there were two sets of footprints
Sometimes there was only one set of footprints

This bothered me because 
I noticed that during the low periods of my life
When I was suffering from anguish sorrow or defeat
I could see only one set of footprints

So I said to the Lord
You promised me Lord, that if I followed you
You would walk with me always
But I have noticed that during the most trying periods of my life
There has only been one set of footprints in the sand
Why, when I needed you most, have you not been there for me?

The Lord replied,
The times when you have seen only one set of footprints in the sand
Is when I carried you…

“Finger snaps”





Stay Thirsty My Friends...

Thirsty Thursdays: Ron


2 comments: