Saturday, March 9, 2013

Saturday Sacrifice: God's Family

Then one said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to speak with thee. But he answered and said unto him that told him, Who is my mother? And who are my brethren? And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren! For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother. ~Matthew 12:46-50
What was the point of all of this?
Jesus knew that it was truly his biological mother and family that wanted to speak to him.
I don’t think he was denying the fact when he said, Who is my mother? And who are my brethren?
He was speaking in a spiritual sense when He stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren.  
In John 1: 12 it says:
Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God (NIV)///But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name (KJV).
Jesus referred to the DISCIPLES as his FAMILY because they received, believed, followed and committed to the WILL of God.
What is the WILL of God?
Just like my fellow blogger Jael said, it is the responsibility of each and every Christian to “…go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit (Matthew 28:19).
In addition to going, making, and baptizing disciplesà You were made for a mission, so your purpose is to share God’s message through evangelism (Rick Warren, Purpose Driven Life)
We should love God with all our heart à You were planned for God’s pleasure, so your purpose is to love God through Worship (Rick Warren)
Love our neighbor as ourselves à You were shaped for serving, so your purpose is to show love for others through ministry (Rick Warren)
And continue to grow in Christ. à You were created to become like Christ, so your purpose is to grow to maturity through discipleship
We are DISCIPLES of JESUS, we are apart of GOD’S FAMILY, so we should continue to strive to do the WILL of GOD=).
 
 
Stay in God’s Peace, not in pieces =)
Saturday Sacrifice: Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment